• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UFOs?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Lamas seem to be popular with movie villains (and they frequently meet their on screen demise by explosion, which is of course the coolest thing a helicopter can do in a movie).

That record-setting autorotation is awesome! I once spun the T-6 from 22,000 feet (NATOPS limitation) just to say I did... and now I can say I did. Actually, my altimeter topped 22,030 feet as the ship swung around into the stall, but I consider those thirty feet to be within acceptable checkride standards. Pretty neat ride looking down at the earth, many miles ahead in the windshield.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I once spun the T-6 from 22,000 feet (NATOPS limitation) just to say I did... and now I can say I did. Actually, my altimeter topped 22,030 feet as the ship swung around into the stall, but I consider those thirty feet to be within acceptable checkride standards. Pretty neat ride looking down at the earth, many miles ahead in the windshield.

I remember my first spin as a student in a T-34 - was something like this:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I wonder how much collective was needed in the auto. Like 50%? 30%? I would guess it would have needed something substantial to keep the rotors from flinging off like maple seeds.

I once spun the T-6 from 22,000 feet (NATOPS limitation) just to say I did..

Allegedly, there were some individuals that spun from the South MOA down to the IAF of the LOC 26 at PNS after being told to descend and maintain 5,000, direct the IAF. It apparently took the controller a few moments to figure out what happened when the plane was already the altitude so quickly, but didn't give them the business about it.

And no, I wasn't one of the individuals, and I'm disappointed I never thought of it.

Jim123

pilot
... to keep the rotors from flinging off like maple seeds.
So that's what Rush was actually singing about

The_Treesrush.jpg

... after being told to descend and maintain 5,000, direct the IAF. It apparently took the controller a few moments to figure out what happened when the plane was already the altitude so quickly
The sheer genius (and madness) of it

1519230368-giphy-7.gif

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Um. I just saw this on Reddit's front page:

Triangle [UAP] in the sky of Shanghai, China

These were recorded yesterday. There are multiple angles from multiple different cameras. You can scroll through the thread to find all the independent videos. Someone posted a link to a single video which has stitched together several individual videos:

??‍♂️

Jim123

pilot
It's just an Imperial Star Destroyer or an Iranian Tomcat.
Or it's a Ko-Dan ship. They think they're on an assassination mission to liquidate the Star League's last hope but the joke is on them: the CHYCOMs are going to appropriate their intellectual property and (badly) reverse-engineer the technology from their ship.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Or it's a Ko-Dan ship. They think they're on an assassination mission to liquidate the Star League's last hope but the joke is on them: the CHYCOMs are going to appropriate their intellectual property and (badly) reverse-engineer the technology from their ship.
Pump the hate brakes there @Jim123 I believe the correct nomenclature is "CHYCAPS."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pray tell, what long held national secrets does it reveal? I mean, this is the long awaited, end all, be all government finally coming clean about UFO report, right?