• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UFOs?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed. That's my bet for what happens as well. But I bet whoever discovers the thing that explains this is a guy/gal with an open mind that doesn't rule out everything that doesn't fit in his nice little box of previous experiences :)

Not upset at all.. just contributing to a debate. My only point is that there is insufficient evidence to rule out that this is tech from elsewhere. People having been ruling things out with insufficient evidence since forever, and they feel smart because they think they have answers when they don't (flat earth, air travel, breaking sound barrier, religion, atheism, etc.) That particular quality of humans is something I really don't like, so I argue against it when I see it. Don't mean to "come down" on anyone, so really, my apologies if it came across that way.
This all just seems like a very odd objection to my position. We can rack and stack 100 possible explanations, and you’re here vigorously waving your arms in the air because I didn’t give enough airtime to number 101.

Mirage

pilot
This all just seems like a very odd objection to my position. We can rack and stack 100 possible explanations, and you’re here vigorously waving your arms in the air because I didn’t give enough airtime to number 101.
If you had said we shouldn't consider 1-100 then I would have defended those as well.

This thread is just repeating itself though. Let's wait and do it again when the report comes out, which will probably be a big nothing-burger.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
which will probably be a big nothing-burger
What else could it possibly be? There’s nothing to reveal, and if there were, it would live in SAP compartments and not be disclosed to the public.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So..... does anyone know where to look on the super secret squirrel sites for information pertinent to this topic? Surely there’s something outside of SAP.

PM me on the high side! ?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So..... does anyone know where to look on the super secret squirrel sites for information pertinent to this topic? Surely there’s something outside of SAP.

Check The Drive site.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
But why would the adoption of UAP over UFO be a public relations problem as Brett suggested?

Before I write anything, feel free to move this to PNA. I'll try to keep it kosher.

So...drill weekend this weekend. We got a brief in the vault on UAPs. Until today I had very loosely followed the topic with some minor amusement and general interest, probably like many of you. Of course it would be super amazing and cool to discover ET, but I had been thinking to myself that I've been in these very ranges with MTS/FLIR/NVGs and there are so many fucking lights on the horizon that there's no way I could possibly classify them all. So I kind of wrote it off but was waiting to see what else came out.

Today is the day that I was presented with that "something else." There's a video brief from DOD for pilots on SIPR. I don't know when it was released or how long it's been available. I recommend you guys seek it out and watch it with your wardrooms. I'm trying to be careful with what I write, but I'll say that while it's nothing that's going to change your world view, the fact that they've disseminated a video briefing for all DOD aviators is sufficiently interesting to me in and of itself. In the video they also clear up why they chose to create a new acronym. It makes sense.

Anyways, if you have any reason to be in an offshore range, I'd recommend watching the video. It's kind of like a video format NOTAM for these unusual sightings.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Alright, I talked to one of our tactics guys this morning. He offered to just email it out. PM me your SIPR emails and I'll send him a list of whoever wants it and he'll shoot it out. If you can send them by cob tomorrow (15th) I'll pass along whatever email addresses I get by then.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Alright, I talked to one of our tactics guys this morning. He offered to just email it out. PM me your SIPR emails and I'll send him a list of whoever wants it and he'll shoot it out. If you can send them by cob tomorrow (15th) I'll pass along whatever email addresses I get by then.
Thanks @RedFive, PM sent.