• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UFOs?

taxi1

pilot
To put it bluntly, I bet Taxi1's buddy never got his Vulcan.
It got a lot further than you'd think. I got involved as a uniformed guy because they were thinking about test plans and so forth. The idea was we'd help get this company started that was trying to fly a Vulcan as an airshow bird, in return for a bunch of hours of low level zorching around. They'd picked out the pilot and sent him over to the UK to meet with people.

The NAVAIR guy was John Reeves, passed away early in life in 2005 (just looked it up). F@#$-ing cancer.
The Russians built one:
The Russian built a bunch, but the theory John had on the benefit of WIG flight for a Vulcan was different than the benefit for the thing in your picture. It was based on empirical observation by operators too. Bummer it was never run to ground.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Gauss gun, hell, Persuadertron FTW

Syndicate_%2528DOS%2529_23.gif

Jim123

pilot
YES! but you have to say it in the roboty voice.
That game sure was a lot of fun, especially when you used the persuadertron to draft an entire mob, who would then happily pick up guns from dead guys- and before you knew it they'd use them against the next hapless enemy agent to take a pot shot at your guys. Good times wasted when I should have been studying something important like calculus.

Pags

N/A
pilot
That game sure was a lot of fun, especially when you used the persuadertron to draft an entire mob, who would then happily pick up guns from dead guys- and before you knew it they'd use them against the next hapless enemy agent to take a pot shot at your guys. Good times wasted when I should have been studying something important like calculus.
Great game. Although I don't know if I ever beat the damned Atlantic Accelerator level.

Lots of fun little features that made it a good game for teenaged deviants...like the pseudatron or the fact that you could just minigun or flamethrower crowds.

Jim123

pilot
Great game. Although I don't know if I ever beat the damned Atlantic Accelerator level.
The secret to that was to bring a lot of those gauss guns and to move fast right away- put your guys on the corners so they could shoot straight down those gangways and hit multiple enemies in a line (couldn't do that shooting on an angle). Move fast and make sure you shoot first, then keep shooting... pretty much. I remember actually beating it without losing any of my agents once. Most of the time I'd lose two or three of them.

I'd forgotten about the flamethrowers ?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The secret to that was to bring a lot of those gauss guns and to move fast right away- put your guys on the corners so they could shoot straight down those gangways and hit multiple enemies in a line (couldn't do that shooting on an angle). Move fast and make sure you shoot first, then keep shooting... pretty much. I remember actually beating it without losing any of my agents once. Most of the time I'd lose two or three of them.

I just liked whatever the level was that was split in half by the railway. You needed X amount of people persuaded before you could persuade enemy agents, so I’d just clean up one half of the map, persuade everyone left on it, go “everybody on the train,” then take my mob across the tracks and help myself to like 15 enemy agents on the other side. Instantly go from “I only have 4 agents; I can’t lose even one” to having a private army.

Pags

N/A
pilot

And Tipper thought we were all going to turn out with problems thanks to video games and the rock and or roll music. Look at us now, we're basically fully functioning adults.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And Tipper thought we were all going to turn out with problems thanks to video games and the rock and or roll music. Look at us now, we're basically fully functioning adults.
As far as they know. :D