• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trw 5

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I reread my post and it sounds a little negative. Don't get me wrong, if you want to do the AF route at vance, go for it. But do it because you want to experience AF training.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Commute from P'Cola to whiting can vary GREATLY depending on where you are in P'Cola.

From around 110 and 10 (governors gate/kings mill/eaton square area) it is approx 35 minutes.

From NAS it is like 60 minutes+

BUT, you don't have to live in Milton where the Walmart is the main excitement.

But if you are liek me, you might like the drive a lot of days. Time to unwind or get prepped mentally to do the event.

To Nittany: Beats me!

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Some people like to unwind and get mentally prepped. I like to sleep in.

Not to mention the gas money you get to spend on alcohol and fine dining Friday through Sunday!

FLY_USMC

pilot
I reread my post and it sounds a little negative. Don't get me wrong, if you want to do the AF route at vance, go for it. But do it because you want to experience AF training.

No, it's no biggy, my information comes from one of the senior Marines at Vance, and I'm pretty sure his welcome speach entails "if you wanted to get jets, you've come to the right place," you do the work and you'll get them.

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Yeah, but how much is busting your a**? Please don't say more than 14 above MIF average...you grade-inflated bastards

kidding

airwinger

pilot
Do you get to pick primary squadrons now? Heck I wanted VMT-6 too, the XO was an awesome Marine harrier pilot. I Got to enjoy VT-3 instead. "Sir, I would maintain aircraft control, analyze the situation and land as soon as conditions permit"(yes we had to say that before beginning any EP spiel

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Those who obsess over their NSS are likely to do nothing but decrease it. I never checked mine until the day I completed. Started worrying in Advanced for awhile and I swear it did nothing but distract me and make me suck more than I would have had I put those extra brain cells where they belonged.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Those who obsess over their NSS are likely to do nothing but decrease it. I never checked mine until the day I completed. Started worrying in Advanced for awhile and I swear it did nothing but distract me and make me suck more than I would have had I put those extra brain cells where they belonged.

Keep track of your grades here in TS though... they fvcked mine up more than once.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
BUT, you don't have to live in Milton where the Walmart is the main excitement.

Dude, there's not even a Walmart in Milton, we have to drive to Pace. On Hwy 90 no less, which always has traffic. I swear the people here don't work, they only shop and eat at fast food places all the time.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude, there's not even a Walmart in Milton, we have to drive to Pace. On Hwy 90 no less, which always has traffic. I swear the people here don't work, they only shop and eat at fast food places all the time.

Oh good lord shut up. If TS was moved to Milton, I'd be ecstatic. Damn you and your closeness to Pensacola, DAMN YOU!

Pags

N/A
pilot
Oh good lord shut up. If TS was moved to Milton, I'd be ecstatic. Damn you and your closeness to Pensacola, DAMN YOU!

just think of it as good training for living in Lemoore. on that note, i wonder if i should put san diego or hawaii first on my list?