• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trw 5

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Ok, I am sure there are some old threads on here but I would prefer newer gouge. What is the word out of VT-2, VT-6, VT-3? Any word on how quick they get through? How are the instructors? anything?

Schmuck

Dude, stay far away from TW-5. You need to go to Vance or Moody, those are your only sensible options. Go to Stucon tomorrow and sign up before anyone else sees this thread.

Run James Run!!!!!!!!

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Dude, stay far away from TW-5. You need to go to Vance or Moody, those are your only sensible options. Go to Stucon tomorrow and sign up before anyone else sees this thread.

Run James Run!!!!!!!!

:D Thats awesome...but seriously, who in their right minds want Jets? you crash from 8,000 feet instead of 50 ft... jk...anyway, any gouge would be great...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
:D Thats awesome...but seriously, who in their right minds want Jets? you crash from 8,000 feet instead of 50 ft... jk...anyway, any gouge would be great...

We don't crash from 8000 feet, we eject :)

I was in VT-2 over a year ago, and I loved it. I'm sure most of the IPs are different now, but it was a great environment when I went through. I have no idea what Whiting is like now.

Chubby

Every squadron has their good apples and bad apples (Stud and IP wise), each has instructors everyone loves and ones that no one likes to fly with. But honestly, it doesn't do you any good to worry about it because you have no say in what squadron you go to. So relax, have fun and make the best of where ever you go. Just my $.02

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was in a class yesterday w/ a bunch of VT-2 guys. They were starting their second week. I believe that they usually just go in order. If there was a class starting this week, they'd be -3, and the next one will be -6. So you may be able to see where you'll fall in, but there's nothing you can do about it. And again, who knows if there's even a class this week.

VT-6 seems to be the squadron to beat right now, but everyone has been taking a long time to get through, from what I've been hearing from studs I've talked to.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I was in a class yesterday w/ a bunch of VT-2 guys. They were starting their second week. I believe that they usually just go in order. If there was a class starting this week, they'd be -3, and the next one will be -6. So you may be able to see where you'll fall in, but there's nothing you can do about it. And again, who knows if there's even a class this week.

VT-6 seems to be the squadron to beat right now, but everyone has been taking a long time to get through, from what I've been hearing from studs I've talked to.

Thanks that explains it a bit more...

I have a tenative assignment already and a tenative date, just looking for any gouge on the specific squadron...

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Sheeit, SNAs are averaging 4.5 weeks from API start to CPT-1, why would you want to go to Vance? Only NFOs are stuck, since they have the 1 year wait...but for them it's Pensacola or Monterey-Pensacola. Free grad school.