• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Truman Fire; FA-18C Ejection

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
My longstanding personal on-deck ejection criteria:

1. I'm about to roll off the deck.
2. Somebody is about to land on me.
3. I'm on fire and getting hot.

Despite some injuries, it sounds like everyone is going to recover; that's tremendous news as fires on the flight deck tend to end poorly.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for posting that. I wasn't the only Cat I sitting in the ready room today saying "IDK WTF I'd do, but that sounds really scary."

The two seat bros were just all hoping they had the wherewithall to both make the same decision at the same time.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Get that stud a tie and a watch. Hope everyone is okay.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Thanks for posting that. I wasn't the only Cat I sitting in the ready room today saying "IDK WTF I'd do, but that sounds really scary."

The two seat bros were just all hoping they had the wherewithall to both make the same decision at the same time.
Do they not have command ejection?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
They do. But you don't wanna punch your bro of he may be heads down trying to unstrap and egress.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Interesting that Jet guys decide to eject on deck. Upon reflection, I can certainly see why, but this was something that was never discussed amongst the ABHs. Most of their canned scenarios assumed that the crew would have to be rescued.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dumb question from a non-boom-seat-guy, but if you're chained down on deck and refueling, wouldn't the seat normally be safed?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Dumb question from a non-boom-seat-guy, but if you're chained down on deck and refueling, wouldn't the seat normally be safed?

That was my habit pattern, and I also safed it when I was very close to the superstructure. Doesn't take long to arm it back up though