• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trailer for "The Guardian"

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
das boot anyone?

EDIT: my bad... didnt realize SWO only;-)

That movie brought out odd emotions...no, not because it's about a big tube filled with seamen. I found myself rooting for the Germans, then going, "Hey, wait a second, they're on the wrong team."

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That movie brought out odd emotions...no, not because it's about a big tube filled with seamen. I found myself rooting for the Germans, then going, "Hey, wait a second, they're on the wrong team."

Yep. Very effective at portraying the German sailors as human beings, not Nazis, just like you. Weird.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
B00008O38G.01._PE46_.McHales-Navy-1997._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Can't forget this classic...

Coppertop222

You have got to be kidding me!

Yours Mine and Ours is based on a book originally set at the Naval academy, but Annapolis would not let them film there so they took a few liberties and turned Dennis Quad's character into a coastie. They shot some film in New London but didn't use it.

Saying Yours Mine and Ours is a Coastie movie is like saying Superman is about journalism... yeah there's a newspaper there but it hardly focuses on journalism.

This movie actually is based on the Coast Guard, not thrown in there as an occupation of one of the characters or a part of a search crew for some broke down on their luck fishermen from Massachusetts, or even random footage for a shoot em up in Miami...

GMan1976

Banned
You have got to be kidding me!

Yours Mine and Ours is based on a book originally set at the Naval academy, but Annapolis would not let them film there so they took a few liberties and turned Dennis Quad's character into a coastie. They shot some film in New London but didn't use it.

Saying Yours Mine and Ours is a Coastie movie is like saying Superman is about journalism... yeah there's a newspaper there but it hardly focuses on journalism.

This movie actually is based on the Coast Guard, not thrown in there as an occupation of one of the characters or a part of a search crew for some broke down on their luck fishermen from Massachusetts, or even random footage for a shoot em up in Miami...

umm... helloooo... it was a joke.

padrino

It's for real!

Glad to be able to see so many of you air warriors realizing the USCG helo rescue guys put it all on the line. Take this movie seriously! I've only read about this upcoming movie as I was once an airdale/aircrew in the USCG and can't wait to see how authentic it really is. I understand from talking with my other Coastie flyguy friends this movie is loosely based on 2 cousins that used to fly rescue with us. One a Larry Farmer and the other a Kenny Farmer. Kenny was involved in a fatal crash in Alaska that killed most of his flight crew. He went on flying and was one of the highest decorated flyguys in the USCG (DFC, Air Medal, etc) but got out after his first 4 year stint (probably thought he'd had enough of risking destiny!). His number of and level of death defying rescues were legend even among those that flew with him. His cousin Larry stayed in for 30 yrs, never did the same daring rescues but became a famed instructor of lifesaving at the USCG aviation training center.

Stubby

Ask the Chief
Wonder if this will be the Coast Guard's "Top Gun".

Yeah, and their "Top Gun" gets to be an E! Go Senior Chief Costner! :D

I have seen this trailer before. I think it does look like a good movie.

I saw a special on Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers one time, they brought up a good point. Not to minimize Navy SAR swimmers at all, but Navy guys usually are tasked to rescue trained pilots and aircrews, who presumably have training to keep calm and listen to instructions from their rescuers. Coasties more commonly are tasked to rescue civilians in danger... much less likely to follow instruction and far more likely to panic. Just adds one more danger to an already tense situation. Those guys are awesome. :thumbup_1 :thumbup_1

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Gracias a Dios ... :icon_rast

Are you sure that you're only smoking cigars there A4....;) I thought that hat meant....

In any case, I've definitely hear the same rap on Cubans...both the decline in the mid 90's and the rebound in the last 5 years...Some even say that certain Dominican's even now are as good or better...

For my money though a Montecristo #2 is still damn hard to beat. I look forward to my yearly trips to Aruba just so I can go into a state of bliss and smoke one every day....

Counting the days till we drop the embargo....of course that could wreck quality too....damned if we do...damned if we don't.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I look forward to my yearly trips to Aruba just so I can go into a state of bliss and smoke one every day....
Don't forget about Columbia or Curacao. Can't remember if Australia had 'em or not. My recollection of Australia is a bit fuzzy. :icon_zbee Though I do remember the water was very good there. All the women were very well hydrated. :D