• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trailer for "The Guardian"

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
It's about time the Coasties got their own movie. Looks pretty good.

Coppertop222

and kevin costner after waterworld...
but agreed, bout time there was a movie about the coast guard...
and no, yours mine and ours doesn't count...

bobbybrock

None
props to the coasties. they share the airstation here with us and I wouldn't fly in a lot of the shizat that these guys go out in.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
and kevin costner after waterworld...but agreed, bout time there was a movie about the coast guard...
and no, yours mine and ours doesn't count...

Hopefully, there won't be any urine drinking in the opening scene. :eek:

Brett

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
That looks pretty good. Definitely going to have to watch it when it comes out on DVD. Too bad I won't be able to watch it in theaters. Damn Ratline.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Cool, always wanted to transfer to the Coast Guard to fly helos. Wonder if this will be the Coast Guard's "Top Gun".

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I cant imagine swimming in waves that big. That takes some balls. BTW, it would be nice to have another cameo of Demi Moore in a bikini. Yea cougars!!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Watching the trailer, I kept waiting for Hyde to appear and punch Kelso in the arm.....

Birdman

lol It's hard to take "kelso" seriously after playing a jackas$ for the better part of a decade. Movie looks good though; not cheesy and pointless like say.....Annapolis

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I cant imagine swimming in waves that big. That takes some balls.

takes big balls to jump into those waves, but i assure you (being from the great state of Alaska) that once you hit that water they will NOT be big for long.

What blows my mind is that those rescue swimmers will be left behind while the helo ferries back the rescued people, then come out to pick up the swimmer. not sure how often this happens, but it does happen. That would be incredibly lonely, out there among giant waves, in the middle of the night. DAMN! Those dudes are brave, no doubt about it.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Cool, always wanted to transfer to the Coast Guard to fly helos. Wonder if this will be the Coast Guard's "Top Gun".

Yeah, but it's gonna require an F-14 crew to come pick them up after they autorotate into the water due to a tail rotor failure.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Directed by the same guy who directed The Fugitive. Good stuff. Now, can we just get a SWO movie please? I want to see some FC's save the day by fixing the SPY radar. Gentlemen, that's excitement beyond your wildest imaginations.