• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
I was wondering about something similar. I originally put intel as my #1 and SWO as my #2 but as time has passed I determined I wanted SWO more than intel. If I'm lucky enough to get picked for both do I get to pick?

ABM22

So hypothetically, are we saying there might be a LOWER threshold for selection for SNA and FO than for SWO? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that a bit uncommon.

... and since I dropped the "h" word just now, here's another one, if you selected SWO as choice one, SNA as choice 2, and get Both (not that I'm saying I would; I'm not nearly that awesome), would you automatically go in as a SWO, or would they allow you to choose ( I for one would be ecstatic with either).
The SNA/NFO pipeline has been fucked up for the last few boards and has had much lower standards than usual. If you get more than one Pro Rec, you will choose between the two.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
It could be selection for aviation was high resulting in less SWO applicants meaning they need to select more. If you get selected for both it is my understanding that you will get a FS for your first choice.

halfbreed83

I was wondering about something similar. I originally put intel as my #1 and SWO as my #2 but as time has passed I determined I wanted SWO more than intel. If I'm lucky enough to get picked for both do I get to pick?
My OR said if i get selected for multiple programs I get the choice of which one I enlist for

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
The SNA/NFO pipeline has been fucked up for the last few boards and has had much lower standards than usual. If you get more than one Pro Rec, you will choose between the two.
Standards are still the same just higher selection rates because of people not becoming qualified.

ABM22

Standards are still the same just higher selection rates because of people not becoming qualified.
Yeah, I just wasn't very clear. The minimums are the same, but a lot more people have been being picked up with lower ASTB scores and gpa's than what would be expected based upon historical trends.

exNavyOffRec

Well, all of the intel I have gathered through-out this little journey suggests that with any given SWO board one could reliably expect roughly 100 spots or so, probably a few more. I may be completely wrong about this (wouldn't be the first time) but if this new gouge is correct then 70 is a significant increase.

That number would just about meet the total goal for FY 14, per their own instruction they are only supposed to select 50% of previous years goal, so they may have set the number lower and the 70 would get them closer to the actual number, if not they could have what happen a few years ago happen again, over select then people wait for a long time to go to OCS.