• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To All of the New Check-ins

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
And how about an O club dress code? This is why I haven't said anything to anybody other than on here. Isn't there/shouldn't there be a no athletic attire type of rule for the bar/restaurant? I think this would go into the "eroding values" section of the O Clubs thread. Am I wrong?
Enlighten me.

I'll preface this by saying I only spent about 3 months in Pcola, but I never really noticed this problem you speak of. For the most part (at least during normal meal hours), the lounge/bar had folks in either bags, khakis, or in many cases there were civilian visitors wearing whatever they felt like. Not saying there aren't people dressed inappropriately, but I guess lunch hour at the Oclub always felt pretty casual.

KBayDog

And how about an O club dress code? This is why I haven't said anything to anybody other than on here. Isn't there/shouldn't there be a no athletic attire type of rule for the bar/restaurant? I think this would go into the "eroding values" section of the O Clubs thread. Am I wrong?
Enlighten me.

Have you asked the O-Club what their dress code is? If you have a suggestion for their dress code, offer it.

If, after taking up this issue with management, the O-Club "values" are not in agreement with yours, don't go anymore.

It's really not that complicated.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Otto is dead on, there will be plenty of opportunity for all the ROTC and OCS types to screw up just as bad as the USNA types and even out those supposed numbers.

There's no competing with Academy shenanigans though...

Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun...their shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

Which makes them not really shenanigans at all......

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
There's no competing with Academy shenanigans though...

Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun...their shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

Which makes them not really shenanigans at all......

This is the funniest quote in this thread, by far.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
And if I was one of your peers, I'd tell you to stick your head up your anal retentive Marine ass - especially if you said something to whoever was with me. If I was senior to you and you tried this - I'd be the one squaring you away.

It may not meet your standards but if it didn't meet the O'club's, it is the managements duty to enforce dress codes - not yours. The last club I was at didn't even have a dress code.

Quietly pulling aside someone that is making an ass of himself is one thing. Imposing your standards on someone else is entirely different. It seems to me that you are well on your way to being "that guy".

+1 When I reload. Any attempts by my "peers" to "square me away" are usually met with, at best, a "haha ok" and at worst "go f*** yourself," depending on how much I'm willing to be trifled with.

I keep my hair cut, boots black, and brown shoes shined. Uni's are crisp and creased...still in the drycleaning bags, even. If I wanna wear an Orioles jersey to a club with a pair of board shorts, I'm going to damn well do it. I may look like an idiot, but I'll be the one having fun while you go see the flight doc to have that stick removed from your ass. I don't think that one's waiverable either...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If it makes motard Mike feel better, I saw the TO here square away an SNFO last week for a shitty, troll-like haircut...The worst part was that 2 of us had already given him shit that morning about it, and he had to walk back into a room with 3 prior-E pilots...

The good news is that his hair is shorter and his skin is thicker...lesson learned.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Not that I know of..even if they were, I was dressed impeccably, as always. ;)

I was going to wear an OU t-shirt..but the last few times I wore one here, I have been scoffed at. Apparently everyone in P-Cola is from or went to Texas.

Short

None
Here's what I remember from P-Cola;
-Academy guys who took some time to adjust upon their release into wild
-OCS guys relaying stories from OCS like they were that chick in "American Pie"
-ROTC guys (at least this ROTC guy) trying to remember to affix collar devices before showing up for duty...and failing at least once

The bottom line is that I would punch Ensign Me in the face if I had to deal with him today; I used to rag on the academy constantly and some of my closest friends from my JO squadron are Canue U grads. Most guys, regardless of how they came in, don't know $hit about the Navy when they arrive in P-cola. Unite in ignorance, look out for each other, and realize that you're going to be running into guys from API for the rest of your career.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Here's what I remember from P-Cola;
-Academy guys who took some time to adjust upon their release into wild
-ROTC guys (at least this ROTC guy) trying to remember to affix collar devices before showing up for duty...and failing at least once

I really don't remember talking about OCS in API with the exception of "see that guy over there (looking at Otto), yeah he is a douche" :D

What I really remember is the Marines and their ENDLESS TBS stories. Those didn't start to die down until after primary! Hell, the Academy pukes who spent four years in that prison didn't even have that many stories as those guys.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We had a (male) SNFO in my API class whom we nicknamed "Michelle." "And this one time, at band camp . . ."