• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To All of the New Check-ins

JonDW7

Act like officers. A-pool is back to the great deal stage, but more and more people are trying to screw it up. Show up to your appointments and stop being idiots on the weekends. Also, don't show up acting like you know everything. This tends to piss people off. Every day I have been hearing about how we are going to lose this good deal if the stupidity continues. Do we really want to go back to daily inspections?

JonDW7

Right now it is only once a day for 5 minutes or so and then go home. We will see how long it stays this way though.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Also, wear your damn brown shoes. If anything your are jinxing yourself more by looking like a swo.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Every day I have been hearing about how we are going to lose this good deal if the stupidity continues.

*sigh* What did you guys do now?

(PS, it's YOU GUYS now that I'm completed and out of NASC, and boy oh boy does it feel good.) :D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The best way to keep the good times goin' is to look out for your buddies. That doesn't mean sending out preachy "you guys are fuck-ups" emails. It means:
- Look out for your buddies. If you know Bob tends to oversleep, give him a call in the morning before muster or something. Entertaining to watch as it may be, if he's on the verge of picking a fight with the bouncer, drag him the fuck out of there before he does something really stupid. If he insists he's not drunk, he's just buzzed and it's not a long drive home, take his keys and call a cab.
- Holding each other up to uniform standards. I know, sounds a toolish thing to do, but you don't have to be a dick about it. It does get noticed when you look like shit, and who would you rather have calling you out - a fellow ensign or one of the instructors? Cuz it's gonna be one or the other, and you won't like what happens if we do it.
- Academy guys (and I say this as an Academy guy): I know you're excited about finally being on the fun side of the Wall, no adult supervision, and Ensign money to spend, but throttle back and grow the fuck up. You're adults and Naval officers, not screwball frat boys.

Here's the thing: you may feel safe in the herd of khaki, but what you do does get noticed. You're being held to the same standard as every other officer in the Navy now, and that standard is pretty goddamned high. Fuckups will not be tolerated now, and they'll be tolerated even less in the future. Don't be an idiot, and flight school is a blast. Be an idiot, and flight school will be very, very brief for you.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Act like officers. A-pool is back to the great deal stage, but more and more people are trying to screw it up. Show up to your appointments and stop being idiots on the weekends. Also, don't show up acting like you know everything. This tends to piss people off. Every day I have been hearing about how we are going to lose this good deal if the stupidity continues. Do we really want to go back to daily inspections?

Leadership via airwarriors....I love it ;)

docpup

What is another word for theaurus?
As an outside observer, clearly not an officer, but a staff member of NASC

I read the post from Uncle Fester as "MENTORSHIP" or "SAILORIZATION" with the attempt to stress the old saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

Standing by for the inevitable blasting....

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I think they were referring to the OP, not Uncle Fester. Every time some asshat does something retarded in A-pool and the hammer comes down on the entire group, someone comes on here to piss and moan about it. BTDT---just take your licks, keep your buddies from fucking it away, and move on.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Deleted.

I'll sum up my old rant by saying this. Idiots will be idiots, no matter what, so just roll with the punches if they land on you, A-Poolers, and don't waste your breath complaining about how hard it is in the Pool. This is the easiest time in your careers. Look out for yourself and your fellows, but don't agonize too much about the ups and downs of A-pool. It's just not worth the energy.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
And dont come in MBOC Ready Room for lunch dressed like you're about to run a 5k or go to the pool. It's not the student rec center back home. Next time I see it I'm going to square you away, even if it's your significant other that's dressed wrong.

NO...I won't be the guy in jorts and braided belt.

/anal retentive Marine rant]

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
I think they were referring to the OP, not Uncle Fester. Every time some asshat does something retarded in A-pool and the hammer comes down on the entire group, someone comes on here to piss and moan about it. BTDT---just take your licks, keep your buddies from fucking it away, and move on.
^^^ This.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Well on the same note but in a lighter mood, and because I am bored.

Top Ten ways to survive A-Pool

1 Enjoy the beach and the opposite sex
2 Keep summer whites handy for bad days
3 stay away from stash jobs, they are the devil :D
4 getting caught sneaking outside of the liberty area is bad
5 Do not anger those LT's that control your fate
6 Thou shall not mix alcohol and swimming
7 Mustering hammered might end badly
8 Avoid stealing golf carts
9 refrain from phone mustering when in prison
10 Steer clear of killing federally protected wildlife