• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To All of the New Check-ins

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I don't know, but I think someone in my API class went and corrected the situation. Small offense compared to what the Academy kids have been up to. We get to hear daily complaints from the LTs in charge of checking them all in. :D

I hear there's a couple HUNDRED of them checking in the last couple of days...I might have to come visit just to see this. :D

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Stick your head in and ask the LT how check-in is going. We were given a smile and a nice little hand gesture. :D

All in good fun. I'm glad I'm not in the pool anymore. All these Academy guys are bound to do something stupid and ruin it for everyone else. Not knocking the boat school, but 99% of the screw-ups here have been from those guys/gals.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I feel like this thread is headed for a...

6105_300.jpg

cclement

None
I hear there's a couple HUNDRED of them checking in the last couple of days...I might have to come visit just to see this. :D

I can confirm about 180 academy kids checked in today. I was one of about five ROTC grads...it was awesome amazing I assure you. We got more than one lecture about how if you want to change the image of the academy don't do anything stupid.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Stick your head in and ask the LT how check-in is going. We were given a smile and a nice little hand gesture. :D

All in good fun. I'm glad I'm not in the pool anymore. All these Academy guys are bound to do something stupid and ruin it for everyone else. Not knocking the boat school, but 99% of the screw-ups here have been from those guys/gals.

The REASON why most of the screwups are from academy grads is because academy grads make up most Naval Officers in A-pool, particularly the months following graduation, summertime, which is when a lot of screwups tend to happen too.

I'd be curious to see what PERCENTAGE of OCS/ROTC/Academy kids screw up. It's probably a lot closer than what we expect given the Academy kids screwing up.

Seriously, it's fun to poke fun at the Academy kids, but they aren't all shitbags and if you keep alienating yourself from them by thinking you're better than them (particularly OCS guys) you're just going to be "that guy" that always tells OCS stories that no one wants to hang with. I get it. I was the noob OCS dude who thought Academy guys were shitbags. You'll get over it. And if you don't, then you're probably going to be reading this thread on a saturday night while all the rest of us are out getting drunk and chasing skirt because none of the "shitbags" called you to go out.

And this isn't JUST to jt, but ALL the OCS (and ROTC) guys who feel this way

/reformed elitist out

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
It would be interesting to see a percentage. You're right though, nobody wants to be 'that OCS guy.'

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
FWIW by the time you get into advanced (or really even primary from what I remember) you will not really be able to tell the difference between OCS/ROTC/USNA grads.....at least I can't unless I am told. IIRC it was an ROTC dude that drove his lexus into somebody's house several years back, so I'd say we all have our shitbags

red_ryder

None
A-Pool sounds like high school.
We sure got treated like it, IIRC.

The REASON why most of the screwups are from academy grads is because academy grads make up most Naval Officers in A-pool, particularly the months following graduation, summertime, which is when a lot of screwups tend to happen too.

I'd be curious to see what PERCENTAGE of OCS/ROTC/Academy kids screw up. It's probably a lot closer than what we expect given the Academy kids screwing up.

Seriously, it's fun to poke fun at the Academy kids, but they aren't all shitbags and if you keep alienating yourself from them by thinking you're better than them (particularly OCS guys) you're just going to be "that guy" that always tells OCS stories that no one wants to hang with. I get it. I was the nood OCS dude who thought Academy guys were shitbags. You'll get over it. And if you don't, then you're probably going to be reading this thread on a saturday night while all the rest of us are out getting drunk and chasing skirt because none of the "shitbags" called you to go out.

And this isn't JUST to jt, but ALL the OCS (and ROTC) guys who feel this way/

/reformed elitist out

So that's where you got your rep back in the day :eek:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
And dont come in MBOC Ready Room for lunch dressed like you're about to run a 5k or go to the pool. It's not the student rec center back home. Next time I see it I'm going to square you away, even if it's your significant other that's dressed wrong.

NO...I won't be the guy in jorts and braided belt.

/anal retentive Marine rant]
And if I was one of your peers, I'd tell you to stick your head up your anal retentive Marine ass - especially if you said something to whoever was with me. If I was senior to you and you tried this - I'd be the one squaring you away.

It may not meet your standards but if it didn't meet the O'club's, it is the managements duty to enforce dress codes - not yours. The last club I was at didn't even have a dress code.

Quietly pulling aside someone that is making an ass of himself is one thing. Imposing your standards on someone else is entirely different. It seems to me that you are well on your way to being "that guy".

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
/reformed elitist out

What percent of Academy gets shitbag?! I think that was pretty close Otto...;)

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot

Seriously, it's fun to poke fun at the Academy kids, but they aren't all shitbags and if you keep alienating yourself from them by thinking you're better than them (particularly OCS guys) you're just going to be "that guy" that always tells OCS stories that no one wants to hang with. I get it. I was the nood OCS dude who thought Academy guys were shitbags. You'll get over it. And if you don't, then you're probably going to be reading this thread on a saturday night while all the rest of us are out getting drunk and chasing skirt because none of the "shitbags" called you to go out.

And this isn't JUST to jt, but ALL the OCS (and ROTC) guys who feel this way/

/reformed elitist out
Straight from the ATS director four weeks ago during the Day 0 brief for API, he said they keep a running track of how many incidents there have been since he's been at NASC. If I remember correctly, the count is at 52 or so. Of the 52, 50 or 51 of them have been related to someone from the academy. Those who got into trouble were overwhelmingly the academy type. I always thought it was one of those myths or generalizations, but apparently not.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Straight from the ATS director four weeks ago during the Day 0 brief for API, he said they keep a running track of how many incidents there have been since he's been at NASC. If I remember correctly, the count is at 52 or so. Of the 52, 50 or 51 of them have been related to someone from the academy. Those who got into trouble were overwhelmingly the academy type. I always thought it was one of those myths or generalizations, but apparently not.

We got the same brief. ATS Director, great guy. Hilarious.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Otto is dead on, there will be plenty of opportunity for all the ROTC and OCS types to screw up just as bad as the USNA types and even out those supposed numbers.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
And if I was one of your peers, I'd tell you to stick your head up your anal retentive Marine ass - especially if you said something to whoever was with me. If I was senior to you and you tried this - I'd be the one squaring you away.

It may not meet your standards but if it didn't meet the O'club's, it is the managements duty to enforce dress codes - not yours. The last club I was at didn't even have a dress code.

Quietly pulling aside someone that is making an ass of himself is one thing. Imposing your standards on someone else is entirely different. It seems to me that you are well on your way to being "that guy".

OK. I used the wrong words. I'm not talking about flipping out in front of God and everybody. I'm not even sure I have that in me anymore. I do have class in that regard. I get the feeling like your impression of me already is that I am "that guy." I've left most of that ubermotardedness behind, although it doesn't seem to translate too well here.

And how about an O club dress code? This is why I haven't said anything to anybody other than on here. Isn't there/shouldn't there be a no athletic attire type of rule for the bar/restaurant? I think this would go into the "eroding values" section of the O Clubs thread. Am I wrong?
Enlighten me.