• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tipsy Gypsy Leather Patches

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
The PRs in my shop admitted to the latter.... just sayin...

Damn. I walked in an asked the PR's in my old squadron if they could do it and they said, "Sir, of course we can. It's why we're here."

They even did the "remove the liner and re-sew it bit. Looks great and cost me nothing.:thumbup_1

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If anyone is interested, Tipsy Gypsy is taking new orders: http://tipsygypsy.7p.com/index.html

Plus, they gave a nice call out to Air Warriors!

Yup, We're taking new orders !
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]March 13, 2010
Gypsy Here:
We're still open for new Orders. IF you need patches please give Scribe a call to reserve space on the schedule. I believe he has the schedule out to late spring.
Have a look at the "Contact the Gypsy" box on the right, There are a good number of orders waiting to ship. We appreciate your support. Cheers
Gypsy

Thought this deserved a spot on the front page: Before you hand your jacket over to a seamstress/Sewing Machine jockey etc. Check em' out - ask around or get a reference from someone who's had patch work done there. Make sure they understand not to put tape or glue on the front of the patch. and to be extra careful when cutting the shipping bag. DRY Cleaning - Dry Cleaning Solvents will take the paint right off your patches - Make sure your wife or GF knows this.

Trades
- On occasion I'm asked to consider a trade for Patches, For the most part dollars pay the bills. However, being an evil Capitalist; I do appreciate a good barter from time to time. Tell us what you had in mind.

It's a Pleasure to work for you guys and We're Proud of your Service to our Country. Thank you for your kindness and support over the years. -
Gypsy and the Crew
Important: If your an Aviator and you've not been to Airwarriors.com; You need to drop by and check it out. It's the best Aviation Community site on the web and well worth your time and support.

-
Thank You for wearing our patches
and Thank You for letting us work for You!
Keep Your Tail Feathers Dry!
Gypsy
Phones are manned M-F 9:30 - 5:00 EDT
Ph: (904)269-1369
[/FONT]

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's pretty cool of him. I remember dealing with that guy in JAX almost 20 years ago - one of the great cottage industries of Naval Aviation. :)

Brett

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
So just to add to this thread in the hopes that someone else can appreciate the quality beautiful work they do....

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I was looking over the selection of patches and I'll need to work about 120 hours of OT to get all the patches I want.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
So Gypsy paints on the Vintage look of the leather? Seems to me that this would rub/fade off after a few years.

Shutup&Steer

P-3 Flight Engineer
I am trying to decide between the full color American flag or the brown tone version. I am leaning towards brown tone. I feel like the color one looks a bit tacky and clashes with the rest of the jacket. Any opinions on this?

I've been trying to find a picture of both flags on the jacket to compare them side to side but I'm having trouble finding any pictures of the brown tone on a jacket.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Opinion only:

I'd get a 'leather' for name/rank/Wings if it's gonna' be a PERMANENT mounting -- otherwise ... why?? If it's gonna' have a velcro backing ... just go w/ 'color' and fabric. Don't you ever expect to get promoted ???

... and go 'fabric' for ALL the rest ... including the FLAG.

Just personal preference ... and the experience of 10,000 other Naval Aviators whos jackets I've seen ... and loved ... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just my $20 worth ... :)

cubidogsmall.jpg

Image by A4sForever

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Opinion only:

That's what I did. I have a Tipsy Gypsy name tag with my wings, name, and United States Navy on it. The flag is the desert color scheme so it matches fairly well with the brown leather. I figured I didn't need to stick any squadron patches on it and mark it forever with only one squadron insignia. The wings, name, service and flag, however, are timeless and will never change, thus they get to stay on my leather jacket until I die (or longer).

Besides, I have a pair of nomex jackets to cover in patches to look salty to all the impressionable primary students.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
All, I updated the first post, but in case you are looking for the Tipsy Gypsy website, Ed emailed me with their new website address: http://tipsygypsy.com/

Also, looks like they are open for new orders and delivery for February:

Open for New Orders !

January 08, 2011

Gypsy here:

We are fully booked through Feb 1st. I'll be accepting new orders starting today for February and beyond. The Web Inventory stock is available for Immediate purchase - If you can find what you want in inventory It will ship as soon as we receive payment info. If you need a name tag with the order I'll do my best to get it into the work flow. If you've called or emailed to set up an order on or before 01 Dec 2010 - I have it scheduled and will get it complete and shipped as quickly as possible. Please keep your contact info and payment choice up to date.

Please be patient, Christmas is as busy as it get's for us and I have a very small operation. I will get everything completed and shipped as quickly as possible.

Good Cheer !
Gypsy

Please bookmark the new URL. Im working to finish transfering the web site to the new host and the 7P.com will go away soon.

You can find us at tgpatch.com, TipsyGypsy.com and TGpatch.com

It's a Pleasure to work for you guys: We appreciate Your Service to our Country.

Merry Christmas !
Gypsy and the Crew
-
Thank You for wearing our patches
and Thank You for letting us work for You!
Keep Your Tail Feathers Dry!
Gypsy
Phones are manned M-F 9:30 - 5:00 EDT
Ph: (904)269-1369

For those that are unfamiliar with their product, they make the most amazing leather squadron patches, name tags and flags to go on your your leather jacket. Well worth the money spent, and they hold up extremely well over the years. My two cents.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I ordered a name patch a couple days ago, really excited to get it in. Also, will be nice in the morning to be able to differentiate between mine and my roommate's leather jackets!