• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tipsy Gypsy Leather Patches

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Looks like he has opened up a new order list, better get in now while he is taking them.

-- John

EDIT: 08JAN11. Here is their new website address: http://tipsygypsy.com/

Home Of The Tipsy Gypsy:

28 Sept 2004

We've Nearly finished last years work. Everyone in the prevous notification file has been moved to the active work list. I'll be contacting each person for update information as I schedule the work. Back log on last years list went from 1 to 13 months depending on where you fell in line. In fairness to all -I cant do any quick "front of the line" orders and Its nearly impossible to guarantee a delivery date until I get to your spot in line.
If I havent scared you off and you want to get in line - send us an email with "add me" in the subject line and a brief note indicating what you need.
You guys are great !
Thank you for the work! .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They are expensive but worth every penny, top notch work.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I fought the "voluntary" wardroom purchase all the way, then gave in and bought the set of 4. I should have to eat one, they rock. I swore up and down I'd never sew a patch on my leather jacket, especially an embroidered one, but I put all of them on and it looks great. These are all leather, painted full color, custom made. Anyone in a fleet squadron now should try to get some compadres to throw in on an order.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I recommend them. They really make the Leather Flight Jacket look professional!
I put my "First and Last name" and "United States Navy" on the patch so I wouldn't have to buy a new one for every rank!
ea6bflyr

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
They just opened for new orders on the 29th of SEPTEMBER... get 'em while they are hot!! err, however long it takes to get them that is...

John

PROGRESS REPORT

29 September 2005

- Thank you for all the orders and support.
We've been working thru two years of backorders and have made quite a dent. There are many people We've been unable to reach -I will schedule orders for these lost souls as we re-establish contact- If you've slipped thru the cracks please ask before signing up on a new list -It will save you time
New Squad Orders -Taking a new List now : Email us with "Add (Squad name)"In the subject line
- New Individual orders - Taking a new list now: Please put" Add One "in the Subject
Note: You can order single patches from anything we have in the set up file but I wont be able to make a brand new design for a one item order (10 piece min order for new designs please).
If you wish to be Included on either list Email me ASAP @ Tipgypsy@bellsouth.net

I will put a hold on both lists when they reach 100 orders
Appreciate your service to the country,

more later,

T.G.

East

东部
Contributor
These TG Tags do not come with velcro, do you guys sew them directly to the leather jacket or is normally Velcro used for attachment?

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
What is the typical load out?

Nametag and flag I guess, but is that it? Do I need to order a squadron and a P-3 patch as well?

Should I put a "Top Gun" patch on it too (just kidding)?

Since this dude only takes orders once every couple of years I'd like to get my order in, but I'm not at the squadron yet to see what looks good and what looks gay on the jackets.

topgun1.gif
???

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I ordered all four patches, name tag, flag, squadron, and p3 patch for shoulder.... looks pretty damn good on the jackets, maybe zab can take a pic of his... since I am still waiting for my patches.... now 19 months later... sigh....

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Thanks man ... e-mailed him just now. He's only adding 100 people to the list and it would be a drag to miss out.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
maybe zab can take a pic of his....

I would, but my jacket is in the southern hemisphere, and I am in the northern. If this thread is still going in 2 weeks, I'll post one.

Varmint, you're positive which squadron you're going to?

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Varmint, you're positive which squadron you're going to?
Well, I've got verbal orders ... I know they could change, but I figure (since it isn't outrageous to think my patch order will take 2 years to process) that if they change I can probably catch the dude before he makes them and change the squadron patch.

I'd just hate to miss the ordering window.

Be cool to see a picture when you get the chance.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess I lucked out, I got my patches in a scant 8 months back in 2001/02. Just the name tag and squadron patch. I'll post a pic later on. I don't know what to do now that I've changed communities, I'll be d@mned if I'm going to yank a great patch off my leather jacket, but I should update it to my new community. I guess I just need to get a second jacket and patch it for the new community. Maybe from the gents in Korea that Webmaster was talking about earlier?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Thats HOT! Would it be bad karma to order a nametag even if we havent been winged yet? I dont want any of that bad luck that so many ppl talk about. Are there no stores that you could walk into and order these cool leather patches? Or is it all at this website?