• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Thoughts?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P-8s it's pretty nice that I can reach everything. In P-3s there was a bunch of shit at my station (mainly TC, but some stuff on the NAV side) that not only could I not reach sitting down, it was above my head standing up.
Like the sextant port.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P-8s it's pretty nice that I can reach everything. In P-3s there was a bunch of shit at my station (mainly TC, but some stuff on the NAV side) that not only could I not reach sitting down, it was above my head standing up.

This gal was shorter than even you, pocket sized!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't laugh but I actually used that for a det to do sun shots, got pretty good at it too.
We had a couple crews on a Kef deployment with dual INS fails that used a cel-shot and HF/DF cuts to get back home. As I recall, a judiciously applied layer of black shoe polish on the rubber eye piece was sure to generate good times for most members of the crew. :D

jmcquate

Contributor
Celestial Nav is cool. My dad got me a sextant for Christmas a few years back. Still getting the hang of it. The simple elegance of it amazes me.

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
Aren't there any seat adjusters? I can't imagine a P-3 would have any because she's old, but the Poseidon?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We had a couple crews on a Kef deployment with dual INS fails that used a cel-shot and HF/DF cuts to get back home. As I recall, a judiciously applied layer of black shoe polish on the rubber eye piece was sure to generate good times for most members of the crew. :D

A good thing they didn't go to nav school after me, they cut the cel portion out about a year after I was winged. And the black shoe polish is good on have assets too....

The guys who still learned actual cel at the time instead of just getting an intro were the Marine Nav students, they actually could navigate by the stars and not just do star shots.

Celestial Nav is cool. My dad got me a sextant for Christmas a few years back. Still getting the hang of it. The simple elegance of it amazes me.

Cel is cool but looking up everything in the books really annoyed me, it could take 10-15 minutes to get anything done. I wonder if the tables are online now.

Jublov

I have a top security clearance, and a degree in astrophysics! (reference to Charlie)

Jublov

You guys are aviators, i'm just a bum in front of a computer screen wanting to become an aviator. Brett gives me tough love.

By the way it's now Secretary General Jublov, eats borsch and laughs in communist

hqdefault.jpg