• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Thoughts?

Pags

N/A
pilot
You've got the physics right, but it's really not that big of an issue for what is statistically a very small percentage of aircrew. I'm sure someone at NAVAIR or MB has some data, but if it were that big of an issue, they would outright anthro people out of those aircraft instead of simply signing an acknowledgement form. It's not even a waiver, per se. It doesn't indemnify the government from any liability.
I'd wager that most people who don't meet the weight requirements are also anthro'd out of those cockpits. And even then those that are on the edge are probably over 140lb with boots, gear, helmet, etc.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's nude weight they're concerned with. I'm a skinny fuck and had to sign the form for my first few years in VAQ - NBD. :D

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
Hopefully these things will be rectified soon, and I'm tall enough. But are they even doing anthro for the F-35s yet? I can't imagine they would because technically the jet is still in the testing stage.

jmcquate

Contributor
Seems like the last thing to be concerned about when pulling a black and yellow thingy would be being under xxx lbs.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's body weight plus all the gear. Mostly it's the smaller girls who get anthro'ed out of ejection seat aircraft. And the bigger dudes. Thus it always seems like VAW, VP, VQ and helos are full of gorillas and pixies.

We had one show up late to my first squadron after she somehow got through jets in flight school, she showed up the the RAG and they immediately put her in a jet then sent her packing after she couldn't reach the instruments. Still can't figure how folks let that one happen.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Hopefully these things will be rectified soon, and I'm tall enough. But are they even doing anthro for the F-35s yet? I can't imagine they would because technically the jet is still in the testing stage.
I imagine that would be part of the testing.

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
We had one show up late to my first squadron after she somehow got through jets in flight school, she showed up the the RAG and they immediately put her in a jet then sent her packing after she couldn't reach the instruments. Still can't figure how folks let that one happen.

By reaching the instruments, you mean by calibrating the altimeter or other knobs? Out of curiosity is she in a different community or she DOR?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
By reaching the instruments, you mean by calibrating the altimeter or other knobs? Out of curiosity is she in a different community or she DOR?

Yes, something like that. She transferred to land based community where you don't have to be strapped in all the time.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, something like that. She transferred to land based community where you don't have to be strapped in all the time.

P-8s it's pretty nice that I can reach everything. In P-3s there was a bunch of shit at my station (mainly TC, but some stuff on the NAV side) that not only could I not reach sitting down, it was above my head standing up.