• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thought Of The Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
It's classified to us Texans as "Texas Country Music", but it's mainstream classification is "Americana". Don't forget about Max Stalling and Cory Morrow. They've been giving the new REK a lot of airplay up here in the DFW area on 95.9 the ranch, which is an excellent source (most times) of Texas country music.

reapergm

MAN!! WAY TO BRING BACK A REALLY OLD THREAD!!! GOOD JOB! Just for the record... I HATE COUNTRY MUSIC!! It is so damn horrendous. I dont know how people listen to it. Its whiney men, crying that their wives drove their home away and ran over the dog. Its terrible. And whats worse, when I went to TBS... thats all anyone listens to.. I dont know, maybe Im just a damn yankee, but I love rock and rap. :-p

riley

I hate rap music. Its just noise. Just a bunch of brothers and pretend brothers sittin' around mumblin' about beatches and hoes and shakin' that booty and bling-bling, and poppin' a homey. Whats worse is that all my friends here in N. Texas play it as loud as they can - blaring it from their pickup trucks and Tahoes. I don't know - maybe I'm just a good ol' boy - but whatever happened to Run- D.M.C?

jdnew

MAN!! WAY TO BRING BACK A REALLY OLD THREAD!!! GOOD JOB! Just for the record... I HATE COUNTRY MUSIC!!
Hey man, thats cool. Not everyone can have good taste in music. :icon_wink

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A bunch of whiny MEN? Yeah, right. It's all those damn "country divas" I want to go away. Faith, Shania, the Chicks, Martina, what a bunch of hacks. But whatever floats your boat, reaper, it's all good . . .

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
nittany03 said:
It's all those damn "country divas" I want to go away. Faith, Shania, the Chicks, Martina, what a bunch of hacks. . . .

AMEN, not even real country anyway.

Thats why I like Pat Green, Cory Morrow, Robert Earl and David Allen Coe, they don't sing that sad garbage that everyone thinks country music is about. No, they sing about drinking Shiner Bock and Lone Star beer, going hunting, 18 wheelers, TEXAS, WOMAN and Whiskey. Now thats my kind of party!!

oh yeah, ...a little Led Zeppelin never hurt anybody......

reapergm

riley mcconnell said:
I hate rap music. Its just noise. Just a bunch of brothers and pretend brothers sittin' around mumblin' about beatches and hoes and shakin' that booty and bling-bling, and poppin' a homey.

:D :D :D Laughing so hard it hurts! To be honest, I actually feel the same way about most rap. I like old school. I think alot of rap these days is annoying as hell. But rock music.. oh hell yeah! Im a rock/metal freak. When I get on the fleet, Im bringing my guitar and start whaling everytime I hear "Achy Breaky" out of any stereo in the vicinity. Crowbar- !!!! HELL YEAH!!! I LOVE THAT YOU LOVE SOME GOOD MUSIC! And I love the Darkness as well. I love solos, I love people who play instruments. I hate those whiney fake country divas. They can all suck a walnut! lol Sorry... I just get alittle intense when it comes to country. My parents are obsessed!!! But who knows.. Spin (who was a former DJ and producer of hip hop) said that country was starting to grow in him at TBS.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
E5B said:
AMEN, not even real country anyway.

Thats why I like Pat Green, Cory Morrow, Robert Earl and David Allen Coe, they don't sing that sad garbage that everyone thinks country music is about. No, they sing about drinking Shiner Bock and Lone Star beer, going hunting, 18 wheelers, TEXAS, WOMAN and Whiskey. Now thats my kind of party!!

Hey now, don't forget the Red Headed Stranger! I mean where would those great guys be without Willy? He is their Godfather man. Throw in a little Merle ("I just came here to drink", oh yeah) and Johnny Cash, hey now you got the beginings of a great music library.

BTW Disco sucks, just like C-rap.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Jolly Roger said:
Hey now, don't forget the Red Headed Stranger! I mean where would those great guys be without Willy? He is their Godfather man. Throw in a little Merle ("I just came here to drink", oh yeah) and Johnny Cash, hey now you got the beginings of a great music library.

BTW Disco sucks, just like C-rap.

That's a givin! Heck, if it wasn't for Johnny Cash, there would be no David Allen Coe. Where I'm from (west TX) where there is only one radio station and all they play is (suprise, suprise) country, but they won't play any of the above mentioned artists, just the Divas, and all the newest stuff, over and over. They absolutely refuse to play Pat Green, damn commies.

When I was in college I was in a band that played in a local bar, and we were mainly classic rock, but we'd throw some old school country in there now and then, and about every 4th or 5th song we'd play a (hair band) 80's tune, and believe it or not, that got the crowd going more than anything. They dug that stuff!! Our lead guitarist was phenominal (sp) and could whip out any solo. We'd break out some old school Beastie Boys and they'd go nuts. When I deployed I took my guitar and played with the ship band (USS Peleliu), the ship had it's own equipment. We played at almost every port, man what a good time. I hope on my next deployment I can get another band together, classic rock is my favorite, but I'll play anything. There's nothing like live music to get the blood flowin!

reapergm

I was wondering if I could bring my guitar! Thats awesome! And Ive heard David Allen Coe.. That man is a funny/raunchy mo fo!

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
E5B said:
That's a givin! Heck, if it wasn't for Johnny Cash, there would be no David Allen Coe. Where I'm from (west TX) where there is only one radio station and all they play is (suprise, suprise) country, but they won't play any of the above mentioned artists, just the Divas, and all the newest stuff, over and over. They absolutely refuse to play Pat Green, damn commies.

No ****, that is the same over on the East side, too. 'Cept there is one station that plays Texican music at 5 O'clock every evening for an hour :D . Oh, it is great! Then it is back to Top 40 Country Radio :icon_rage.

Can you get Shiner anywhere outside of Texas?

Oh, yeah Bob Wills is still the King!

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Believe it or not, I found Shiner at the Quantico PX, and Lone Star. I lot of folks knock Lone Star, but I like it...

I don't remember buying any when I was in Fl, I'm heading back that way on Tues and I'll definitely try to find some.

Something that was hard to find, especially in Va was Brisket. I found one at the commissary once, but had a hard time finding one off base. There's nothing like a Brisket burrito...

Walk into any Texas supermarket and half the meat section comprises of Brisket.

Status
Not open for further replies.