• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thought Of The Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sins

Yeah, we all performed some turns. Up for over an hour. My OSO was an infantry guy who saw action during Enduring Freedom, word is that he dodged RPGs and had his position shelled. He said that he would prefer being on the ground under fire any day over being in the back of a little King Air with me at the controls!

The Captain said that 186 should open to males and that if I had applied as PLC that I would have been accepted for sure. Yay OCC!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What did you think of the BCS (Broken Computer System) rankings after it was all said and done? I'm glad LSU is going to represent the SEC, but USC got shafted along with my team, UT Vols. I mean, we're ranked 7th in the country and we're going to the Peach Bowl? First top 10 team to ever go to the Peach bowl. That makes me proud, eh!
banghead_125.gif
We beat Florida at their place and they're going to the Outback bowl. Something just isn't right with this whole thing. I'm telling you... we need a playoff system in D-I football. I go to a D-IAA school, and they have a playoff system, so every year we know who is the outright leader. Chris Miller, one of the guys on college gameday, had a good idea. He said, "take a game or two off the regular season, play the bowl games earlier, and then take the top 4 or 8 ranked teams after that, and let them play in a playoff." That way, all these bowl people would be happy with getting all their money, but we would still have an outright winner. Just one man's thoughts, however...

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
On the History channel today, the show 'Heavy Metal' had a hour show on the F/A-18 Hornet. It was really cool, and definately got those 'want to be a pilot' feelings going. This machine is awesome. I can't wait to get to fly whatever I'm blessed to fly in the Marines. If you missed it, it might come on another time. I suggest you check it out.

kaidogg

i am not a huge usc fan, but being from out west i have to give them my support over lsu and ou. i find the whole situation ridiculous. usc is ranked #1 in both polls and they aren't going to get to play for the national championship. this is the first time that #1 isn't the bcs title game.
watching bowl selection was funny though:
'and in the national championship game, the nokia sugar bowl, #2 LSU vs. #3 OU!'
that begs the question, what happened to #1? well, they got shafted.

Sins

So the other day 2 F-18's flew into Moffet Field for us to look at. Turns out that one of the pilots is a family friend who I've known since I was like 12 years old. He's now a Captain, I hadn't seen the guy since he was a 2nd Lt.
I always knew that he wanted to be a pilot but had almost forgotten about him (he's a couple years older and more of a friend to an older sibling). I had no idea that he made it.

Seeing reaper's post about motivating stuff made me want to share about this motivating moment for me. After getting shafted on 185 I started doubting all this. I almost signed up for http://goarmy.com/jobs/mos/mos18B.asp the other day. Seeing that my buddy achieved what I want to achieve made it real again.

Now I have to get that 300PFT ;)

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
USC has an awesome Defense, but remember they lost to Cal who had 6 losses...that along with the fact that the 2nd best team in the Pac-10, WAZZU lost to Notre Dame who is horrible.

Going back to the first week of the season there was a highly touted USC at Auburn game...USC's hype started then by shutting them out 31-0, but what people don't realize is that Auburn was way overrated. Combine these things with how mediocre that PAC-10 is this year and you've got the reason why USC is ranked 1st by humans and 3rd by computers. Computers don't buy hype, they are objective, impartial statisticians. I look at it this way too...until the PAC-10 has a championship game then USC has no beef, well ok, very little...OU lost in its 13th game of the season in a post season game.

When USC loses to Michigan it won't matter anyway.

kaidogg

Praxis
I talked to an army recruiter out of curiousity last year, and they pushed the whole 18x contract on me. i have since found out that it is a pretty big gimmick to get people to enlist. if you get injured at any step along the way (even minor injuries) they can disenroll you from whatever school you are currently in (airborne, sfas, q course, etc) and just send you out to an infantry unit that needs a body. the idea of special forces was definitely appealing though.

Whiskey
USC does have a great defense. Their offense in pretty badass too. Leinart has posted better numbers than Palmer did last year, and they have some amazingly talented recievers and some damn fine running backs. Auburn was way overrated. USC lost to Cal, but that was early in the season and definitely a fluke. However, OU got manhandled by Kansas State in the big 12 championship. I think the final should be LSU vs. USC (#1 vs. #2).
Once again, i am not a USC fan, but with the rest of the pac-10 being a bunch of jokers this year, someone has to represent.
And USC losing to Michigan? we'll have to put a friendly wager on that one. the ducks beat michigan, and we both know how terrible the ducks are.

Status
Not open for further replies.