• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thought Of The Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Man, I really need to get out of NY more often. All we have here are pizza, deli's and bagels. Meat isnt the rave up here...

cricechex

Reaper, must mean you are not over weight then. I don't care for it either...gotta have my hot-out-the-oven-french-bread! But I have talked with many people who have lost a rediculous (sp) amount of weight (50-75 lbs) off that diet. Now that is crazy! But what ever works, right?

One more thing, Shania is hot! she can suck my walnut anytime! LOL

reapergm

See... those people need to becareful. I lost alot of weight back in the day (correction, alot of FAT). I lost over 20lbs of FAT out of highschool. I learned to eat right and exercise. Dont get me wrong, I will eat like hell sometimes, but I work out enough now that it wont make a difference. But,... I hate the word "Diet". If someone goes "on" a diet, then by nature it is an impermenant thing, and someone will have to eventually come "off" a diet. With any diet then, the chances of gaining weight back are really good.

Atkins... dangerous as hell. Its one thing if you are a bodybuilder and you eat enough where your body is properly supplied with nutrients... and then decide to increase protein and decrease carbs. If thats the case, you are properly using exercise to max the effects of the protein...

-People trying to lose wieght with the Atkins diet are taking risks. First off, ask most people who go to the gym alot. Majority of people in good shape (especially athletes like runners, bikers, etc.) consume about 60% or more of their daily calories in Carbs. It is fuel for the body. It will keep you going. People who learn the differences in eating right and wrong will find the good carbs to keep their bodies toned.... Atkins people are cutting ALL carbs. This not only depleted the greater majority of energy used by the body, but it can make you severly fatigued. People on the diet think that by reducing the carbs, they will reduce the sugar retention and lose calories and fat. NO F'N WAY!! Its a lazy a$$ solution, and a cop out for exercise.
-What really happens- The body starts to realize that their is a depletion of carbs and starts to go after protein (more than fat) as its main source of energy. The body only uses so much, so the Atkins amount of protein builds up and can actually damage your kidneys!!! GOOD TIMES!!! So then the protein that burned (some of which is muscle, and which naturally weighs alot less than fat) can make some seem 20lbs lighter on a scale!!! AWESOME!!! But... why not break out a bodyfat calculator and test yourself! I bet a ton you havent lost much fat.
-Post Atkins. Great, it worked, lost alot of weight by not working out... Diet is over. First most people are really good, eating right. After a few weeks the amount of carbs increases and the body is shocked by it. The sugar and calories add up, and fat comes. The body only appears to be gaining a couple of lbs, but the metabolism was never increased by the diet... so fat continues to build. Months later - Joe Shmoe's diet is out the window. Muscle has suffered and weakened, body fat percentage has actually increased and physical performance is down. Not to mention he missed out on months of eating delicious french bread pizza!!! Its a crock of poop if ya ask me (or 90% of trainers!!!)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One other bad Atkins side effect too. I had a couple buddies who were on the Atkins diet, and they'd end up hammered after literally one beer. It was the funniest thing! Never did figure out why.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
E5B said:
Believe it or not, I found Shiner at the Quantico PX, and Lone Star. I lot of folks knock Lone Star, but I like it...

I don't remember buying any when I was in Fl, I'm heading back that way on Tues and I'll definitely try to find some.

Something that was hard to find, especially in Va was Brisket.QUOTE]

Hell freakin' yeah!! That just made my day, as I sit here drinking my cold Shiner doing physics homework. No briscut? That just ain't civilized.

riley

Shiner is a frosty beverage that goes well with brisket, lakes, scantily clad ladies, and good homegrown music (see previous posts on such greats as Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Pat Green, and Robert Earl Keen). It is brewed in Shiner, TX in the San Antonio/Austin vicinity of TX. The official name is Shiner Bock. You may also find varieties such as Shiner Blonde (yes the label has a blonde chick on a swing), Shiner Summerstock, and even Shiner Light (the newest addition to the Shiner famiy). It is a dark beer with a taste different than your normal lagers or ales.

Any good ol' boy from Texas will think he found the holy grail if he sees Shiner outside his beloved homestate. It is one of those things that is hard to describe until you have had it.

Shiner rates up there with the Alamo and the Lone Star Flag.

It is that good.

By the grace of God, I plan on being up in Quantico for 187 - if you're there and Shiner is there, I'll buy you a glass.

reapergm

Has Yuengling seemed to make its way cross country? It was a Penn beer which is spreading like the plague up here in the east. Awesome beer!!! And Im not going to lie... the one beer side affect of Atkins.. I might actually be a fan of that one! I would love to catch a buzz that quick. Save some $. But too nice out.. no drinking for me till my 6 pack is back!! ;) :icon_smil

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Long live Yuengling! I learned to drink that stuff at Penn State. It's got 5 times the flavor for the same price as most of the mass-produced p*** that passes for beer in this country. It's up and down the Eastern Seaboard; I hope it goes nationwide and puts Miller and Budweiser off the market. That'll force people to drink real beer. :icon_zbee

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
My "Thought of the Minute"

Note to self: never again eat 2 bowls of Cap'n Crunch and drink half a pot of coffee then go for a 3 1/2 mile run at noon in Pensacola.

Status
Not open for further replies.