• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thought Of The Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

"bcs=broken computer system." i love it! it's absolute horse****. perfect example. had nd beaten syracuse, usc would be the number 2 team in the country (according to bcs), but nd lost, so usc was number 3. so two other completely non-related teams decided who was better between usc and lsu....uh, ya i see the logic there....or not. oh one more thing. if you look at the bcs ratings, the final outcomes closely parallel the overall rankings by the pollsters (nytimes, rb, etc). and these are the same pollsters of which some have miami ranked 4, texas ranked AHEAD of ou (even though they got blown out like 63-13 or something), etc. as trev alberts said (one of the wisest men on the planet now) the bcs is irrelevant and most people across the country will consider the winner of the usc-mich game to be the national champs (despite who gets the big crystal trophy). personally i think that's the best matchup of all (although i cant wait to see kstate walk all over the luckeyes.)

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I was just thinking. I'm going to be awfully anxious to get to P'cola after about a month of TBS. How was it for the rest of you guys? Does it get 'old'?

texag02

for more BCS ranting, check out the "page 2 playoff" on espn.com

and why do people continue to watch jerry springer knowing that the show is fake? i'm sitting at work with these guys who are really getting into the show, and i just dont get it. oh well, guess thats what i get for working for the school district

Jagraboz

Strongbad is friggin' hilarious
propeller_125.gif

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Any of you guys seen "Most Extreme Elimination" on Spike TV??? Friggin' hilarious...my wife forces me to watch it.

Sins

On my run a big doberman charged at me barking hatefully with his foamy mouth, his eyes were pinwheels. I spun like a matador and the dog passed. "Spike! Spike!" called a little girl and the beast returned to her. The dog wore a green and red Xmas collar with bells on it.

In retrospect, the collar was cute.

Sins

I ran a 11K race on newyears and felt all slow so I left immediately after the finish.

Just checked the race website and saw that I placed 3rd for my agegroup and would have won some free junk if I had hung around for another hour
banghead_125.gif

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Just wanted to say that it's April 13 and snowing here in TN. Never thought I'd see this.

jdnew

Hey, I see that there are alot of texas folks on this board, are there any texas country fans out there. Pat Green, Cory Morrow, Robert Earl Keen, Cross Canadian Ragweed (my favorite band) etc. Thats all we used to listen to when I was at the UofA. Now none of these floridians know what the crap I am talking about. Man we used to play ball with the KDs to all ours of the night listening to CCR. I think "boys from oklahoma" was our house song. Well, just thought I would ask.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, not from Texas, but I've been listening to country since I first came home from the hospital. I have three beautiful words for the P-cola stations: NO DIXIE CHICKS! How long has Pat Green been playing before he hit it big anyway? He sounds more Rod Stewart than George Strait but it beats all the bubble-gum crap coming out of Shania, Faith and Martina these days. :cowboy_12

jdnew

Man he has been out there for a while. I remember he did that song ages ago about billy the kid. I am not a Texan and not even that big a fan of Texas but, I got to hand it to you boys, the stuff that comes out of Texas blows Nashville away. It just seems no body wants to carry texas country on the radio cuz its not your typical country. Sounds to much like rock for the stations. But critics seem to like it. CCRs new album debuted at #5 but it feel off cuz its not main stream style.

riley

Robert Earl Keen - awesome. Merry Christmas to the Family. I saw him at Billy Bob's (For all those not from Texas - it is the world's largest Honky Tonk - or used to be at least). All my buddies in college listened to him non-stop. At the homecoming parade we would have his music blaring.

Big fan of Willie Nelson too - he wore my hat at one concert - best time ever - free beer and BBQ (the real stuff).

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Pat Green kicks @ss!! It's really not even considered country music, but "Texas Music". I'm from West Tx, and the few times that Pat and Robert Earl made it out that way, I had something else going on.

Yeah, it sucks that they won't play any of that stuff on the radio, especially David Allen Coe. But they sure play Dixie Chicks and Shania and call that "country"....

Pat Green was here in Corpus last month and I missed it because I had family in town, I hear he puts on an awesome show. Someday I'll catch it....

Status
Not open for further replies.