• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This API thread is worthless

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
Because that's not what API is about. There's plenty of time for you to go PT by yourself. In the mean time, there's swimming almost every day and at some point they put you through an hour of Tae Bo (or however you spell it) and then afterwards throw you in the pool. I don't care how "hard" you are, I think everyone in my class was pretty whooped after that. Then came class. Yea.

Seriously, it's not that big a deal. Guess what, API is not Aircrewman school. And guess what, they don't have organized PT in Primary and advanced either. My god, how do we survive? Oh that's right, we're adults and can manage our own time.

I wouldn't discredit enlisted Marines and Sailors by saying that they can't manage their time. I understand that API isn't Aircrew school but there are some commonalities in training. I know there are overweight officers just as there are overweight enlisted as well. Just wondered why so much PT on one end and not the other?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't discredit enlisted Marines and Sailors by saying that they can't manage their time. I understand that API isn't Aircrew school but there are some commonalities in training. I know there are overweight officers just as there are overweight enlisted as well. Just wondered why so much PT on one end and not the other?

If they're overweight by the standards, then they have mandatory Fitness Enhancement Program. The End.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
My suggestion: Do not gaff off API. (Or Primary. Or Advanced. Or the FRS. Etc., etc., etc.) You have an opportunity that a large majority of our population would do anything for - and you are getting paid a decent penny to do so. Don't blow it all for a few nights of fun in Pensacola. After you complete a "milestone," by all means, celebrate...but in the meantime, attack your training as if your aviation career and your professional reputation are on the line.

I agree. As a stud in primary I'm constantly reminded of how not easy it is and yet at the same time of how amazing it is. Doing aerobatics in the mountains of Las Cruces is one of the many things that leave me in disbelief that I actually get paid to do it. I knew it wouldn't be easy going in and frankly, I'd be disappointed if it were any other way. Being in primary has certainly increased my respect exponentially for winged aviators since I now realize (somewhat) what they actually go through and how much it really does require. As for word spreading, even in primary I can see how the smallest thing spreads like wildfire.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
Because officers are expected to get it done.

Not have their hand held while they do it.

Agreed, but we both know that there are a fair share of aviators that dont PT at all gain some weight. Regardless of the expectations, you can look at any squadron and see pilots busting out of their flight suits.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Agreed, but we both know that there are a fair share of aviators that dont PT at all gain some weight. Regardless of the expectations, you can look at any squadron and see pilots busting out of their flight suits.

What's your point? Can they pass the prt? The prt in the Navy is a 1 or a 0, plain and simple. Until that changes you're going to see people "busting out of their flight suits."

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let's extend API and Primary by 1/3 to include more mandatory organized PT.

Advanced too.

And the RAG.

And Sea Tour guys, we'll be flying on weekends so we can hold hands and PT together each weekday.

and on and on, and on and on

Or you can figure it out yourselves, and stay within standards. If you don't, you get separated. Oh, that's how it works now. Sounds good. I'll be at the bar.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was making a joke at myself since I am an officer now. What is expected of me is alot less than when I was enlisted.

There is a lot more expected out of officers than enlisted, you just haven't seen it yet. Like has been said, it won't be spelled out for you but the expectations are there and they are pretty high for officers, especially aviators. And your rep will follow you, I am a civilian but work with guys I previously flew with, it is a very small world.

Don't make a judgement about the training so early on in your own training.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
I understand what yall are saying, but no one has adressed the original question of why our fellow aircrewman that will fly with us, need to be put through a rigorous PT regime and pilots dont. I dont believe that its because that they cant be trusted to do it on their own. Personally, I'm in great shape and train to keep myself that way. I was just wondering why there isnt more structured PT. I didn't mean to piss anyone off.

MasterBates

I understand what yall are saying, but no one has adressed the original question of why our fellow aircrewman that will fly with us, need to be put through a rigorous PT regime and pilots dont. I dont believe that its because that they cant be trusted to do it on their own. Personally, I'm in great shape and train to keep myself that way. I was just wondering why there isnt more structured PT. I didn't mean to piss anyone off.

Look, most of API studs are 22-30 year old commissioned officers.

Most AC school studs are 18-20 year old E1-2s..

I expect an officer to get something long term done, and me to not have to hold their hand.

Seaman Schmuckatelli? Not so much.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Why isn't there a more structured PT? What does it mean to be an Officer to you? What did you see in your previous leaders? They say that the only dumb question is the question not asked, but I'm going to say you're stretching that one here . . .

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
I know, but I spent 4 years enlisted and I hated having my hand held through everything. Now that I'm commisioned, I'm going to supervise, but I'm also going to have faith that the enlisted men and women under me will take care of their business so I wont have to hold their hand through everything.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I know, but I spent 4 years enlisted and I hated having my hand held through everything. Now that I'm commisioned, I'm going to supervise, but I'm also going to have faith that the enlisted men and women under me will take care of their business so I wont have to hold their hand through everything.

OK: I am an O-1, 4+ months out of OCS and I can tell you that you are delusional if you expect that. E-1-E-3s are going to get in a LOT of sh!t and you are going to have to play babysitter to a lot of them (well, the LPO and Chiefs mainly, but you're going to have to hear about it and deal with the sh!t they get into). I don't know sh!t about fleet Navy yet, but I've heard enough stories to know that what you're talking about is horsesh!t. You were enlisted, you have seen what goes on with junior enlisted and I'm SURE you know better.

Perhaps it is before your time, and I hate to have to do this, but you're really Joboy-ing up this thread. You keep digging yourself deeper. Just STFU and let it go!

Just admit that maybe you are wrong, and go grab a beer and relax. It's sunday night on a 3 day weekend for god's sake! :D