• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
"Bounded up the stairs" ?

2pisff.jpg

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor

HuggyU2

None
I don't recall which forum I saw it mentioned that hiring should pick up by this summer. I'm not industry analyst, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'm pretty sure AA and DAL's fleet size is significantly smaller... so not as many cockpits to fill.

If any of you see it differently, please chime in.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I have a full schedule this month for the first time since March. I’ve been flying once a month with no flights for a couple of them up to now. Hopefully I remember how to fly.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I don't recall which forum I saw it mentioned that hiring should pick up by this summer. I'm not industry analyst, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'm pretty sure AA and DAL's fleet size is significantly smaller... so not as many cockpits to fill.

If any of you see it differently, please chime in.

i don't think this summer needs capacity. Next summer, at least domestically? Maybe.

HuggyU2

None
I have a full schedule this month for the first time since March.
UAL is picking up a lot of cargo, and the 787 folks are flying their asses off. Apparently it is so efficient that it is the fleet they will Max our before ramping up other fleets.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
UAL is picking up a lot of cargo, and the 787 folks are flying their asses off. Apparently it is so efficient that it is the fleet they will Max our before ramping up other fleets.
We've been picking up a lot of cargo to include cargo only flights. Also some military flying too.

Our biggest hurdle is Hawaii's stupid quarantine and testing rules. As we are all about to and from Hawaii, when the Governor and Mayors shut down the islands, we have no where to add flights. I've been traveling around the mainland for the last 4-5 weeks and the planes are full with flights being added. But we can't do that.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Nothing has slowed down for us.. It’s pedal to the metal. It’s exhausting. Highest, I know of is a MD-11 Capt that pulled 150k in one month. I know a ton of guys that have done 100. Biggest pairing I have personally seen was 6 weeks long and a ridiculous amount of cash.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Business travel is still down, and will be down for the foreseeable future - folks don't like paying for it when they can get 80% of the effects through telework.

Rsaaronson

Hey guys. I am currently in the pipeline with the USMC trying to get my Aviation contract with dreams of flying commercial in the long run. I have no flight experience and need some advice. Should I continue my path with the USMC or do ATP>CFI>Regional>etc? What are your thoughts? Is the current climate in aviation unwelcoming to new, low/no-numbers guys? Ultimately I do want to fly, and I have also always wanted to serve but I’m 26 and want to make the smart decision as it pertains to my future/family. Thanks.