• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Welp... I guess we have a new plug on the 5 year no-fly list. (Maybe longer than that for this person.)

And for the intrepid social media journo...

Last edited:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Wow as an outsider looking in this reads like a huge deal. Nice to see the union and management looking out for each other - congrats Delta. And its nice to see an airline showing loyalty to its workforce.

Hahahahahahaha.

There's no such thing as loyalty to a workgroup, only to shareholders. Ed Bastian was calling the union the most disagreeable people he's ever had the misfortune of interacting with just a few weeks ago. He's still got a force majeure clause in his pocket he can always use if he needs it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
30 hours of what amounts to furlough pay. That is a good deal. I know a guy who got a Delta furlough notice after OE. He took a full time teaching gig at a high school aviation program. This will be a wind fall for him.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It’s true that there’s no such thing as loyalty to a work group.
Force Majeure was already claimed once.

But this is a really good deal.

oh I'm not saying this isn't a great deal for guys who otherwise would be on the street, but to act like this was done out of the goodness of anyone's heart is naive.

Mother D avoids a lot of very expensive training waterfall events, displacements and associated moves of guys coming back off furloughs, and has a ton more flexibility to add pilots and flights back piecemeal as traffic picks up.

The bottom of the seniority list keeps bennies and some pay. It was a mutually beneficial business decision...to infer any more would be inaccurate.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was a mutually beneficial business decision...to infer any more would be inaccurate
True that. The very definition of a good deal in business. But there absolutley is such a thing as goodwill in dealing with labor, customers and rivals. If the Delta deal were some boiler plate no brainer for both sides then every airline would do the same. But they haven't. In part that is because goodwill on both the sides of labor and managment is different at every company.