• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Dude...I guess you didn’t see the motel [not hotel] pens.
I knew I could depend on you!

I stopped doing the single-serving shampoo bottles...had a few explode during trips due to cabin altitude.
Dude, guys like you should be mentoring guys like me to put the little bottles in a ziploc bag and prevent just such mishaps.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Dude, guys like you should be mentoring guys like me to put the little bottles in a ziploc bag and prevent just such mishaps.
Yeah...well...I did the ziploc bag college try and it was a no joy result...but at least the no joy result was contained in the ziploc bag and didn’t get all over my Metallica t-shirts.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Being on a long term leave of absence is really going to screw with my "never buying shampoo or soap again" retirement investment plan.
Speaking of hotel life pro tips and life hacks, thanks for the iron the inside of your shirt idea (when the hotel iron has minerals and crud in the steam holes and they all won't quite blow out from the explosive steam from the puff puff button on a hotel towel and/or holding the iron under the faucet).

And I know I'm not the only one who uses bar soap and conditioner to make shaving lather instead of packing a travel can of shaving cream- somebody else had to have come up with that one long before I did (kinda like thinking you're the first caveman to discover fire).

Then there's the daysleeper trick where you use the clips of a pants hanger to clasp the curtains tight...

Maybe this will turn into the neurotic weird shit and the show thread.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why mix the soap with the conditioner for a shave? Conditioner alone seems to work fine.

Preflight the alarm clock so you are not surprised by a 0300 wake up for your 1500 flight.

Towel inserted into the pillow case helps beef up inadequate pillows.

Hardly a big secret but an old standby, just hang your garments in the bathroom and turn the shower on full hot to steam out the wrinkles.

When you put any device on charge double check that it is, in fact, charging. Some lamps with 110V outlets are only hot when the lamp is on.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Conditioner works in a pinch, but I like my king of shaves gel. It pours nicely into a travel size bottle, no pressurized gas required.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Speaking of hotel life pro tips and life hacks, thanks for the iron the inside of your shirt idea (when the hotel iron has minerals and crud in the steam holes and they all won't quite blow out from the explosive steam from the puff puff button on a hotel towel and/or holding the iron under the faucet).

And I know I'm not the only one who uses bar soap and conditioner to make shaving lather instead of packing a travel can of shaving cream- somebody else had to have come up with that one long before I did (kinda like thinking you're the first caveman to discover fire).

Then there's the daysleeper trick where you use the clips of a pants hanger to clasp the curtains tight...

Maybe this will turn into the neurotic weird shit and the show thread.
You know they make actual shave soap?