• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
From PIT originally, hometown paper reported that there are 96 planes stores there, with a capacity for up to 140 total. Apparently they closed one of the runways and are just parking them on it.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pitt, Tulsa, Roswell... and a few others.... That is just for AA.

Saw a compilation video online showing all the airliners around the world's planes parked.

Just had another 99 early retirements get approved this afternoon for May. Brings the AA permanent leave of absence, >62, 50 hrs pay per month, to around ~724. ~1500 short term leaves at 55 hrs/month started on 6APR. Should find out the May short term leave of absence awards tonight or tomorrow.

The 7576 fleet is gone, retired early. The 190s are gone, retired early (or late depending on how you look at it). 76 older 737s are being dumped. and the 330 fleet, half retired, the other half out of service.

And, following the other majors, AA is closing it's training academy for a little bit.

AA's flying is 18% of what it was last year at the same time.

Crazy times.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There's a refit facility where I work and they're down to just two planes on the ramp. Two of the three massive hangars are now empty, and it looks like there's one plane in the third hangar. You can tell their business has been severely curtailed.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

Bullshit! You could easily trim up the sides, but then you'd have to cut the sleeves off of your shirt, too.

tough-guy-redneck-with-mullet-picture-id171590842

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I managed to go 18 days in a row (with 13 of those days being on reserve) without getting called. I had a pretty good beard at the end of it. But I fucked up Saturday and put myself in a situation to get called. So I spent the last 2 days working. We will see how next month works out but I think I can go longer.
Do you get paid for those days if you’re not called?

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Do you get paid for those days if you’re not called?

ABSOLUTELY!

At PSA, we get a guaranteed 75 hours a month for being on reserve. If the company flys us on reserve more than that, we get paid above that. That is rare and has never happened to me. But we also can pick up flying on our days off. We get paid above guarantee for anything we pick up on our days off. I've managed to pick up opentime and use a trick to get my pay in March and April up to 133 hours. That represents the first time I got paid more in the airlines than in the Navy. With the current situation, I don't see that being sustainable. I will probably drop down to the base 75 hours.

The only thing I miss out on by not working is per diem. It is $1.90 / hour rolling clock on the entire trip. That's just bonus money.