• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

fedman28

Ohhh yea the ROAD program would make sense he is a part of the Navy's Elite Group if you know what I mean. There is nothing in my medical history that would raise a flag at all. He said he was hooking me up by having me to the Commisioning Phsyical instead of the MED READ or what ever that is. I have a copy of the check list as well, he has everything and I was suprised to know what I had to get MED. qualed prior to submitting my packet I was under the impression if you get PRO REQ-Y then you would go to MEPS ect. I dont know what N3M is either?

exNavyOffRec

Ohhh yea the ROAD program would make sense he is a part of the Navy's Elite Group if you know what I mean. There is nothing in my medical history that would raise a flag at all. He said he was hooking me up by having me to the Commisioning Phsyical instead of the MED READ or what ever that is. I have a copy of the check list as well, he has everything and I was suprised to know what I had to get MED. qualed prior to submitting my packet I was under the impression if you get PRO REQ-Y then you would go to MEPS ect. I dont know what N3M is either?

some things were in the works to change when people go to MEPS, they recently started enforcing them, N3M is the medical arm of NRC, they are who PQ's people to be an officer.

Do you know if he is a career recruiter? is his rate NC?

exNavyOffRec

Hes a PSC, so wouldnt the N3M be at MEPS or did I have to go to MEPS and N3M?

MEPS/civilian doc is just where the physical is done, all the info from the physical is sent to N3M which is back east in TN, then they review and generally PQ a person, sometimes they request further info if something doesn't look right.

He is a PSC, well, there is your answer.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
First and foremost, there's always two sides to the story. Customer service is key with each applicant, but at the same time there are circumstances outside of the recruiter's hands that the applicant isn't aware or willing to understand/accept. As a recruiter, I document EVERYTHING and EVERY interaction I have with my applicant. It covers my end in case things go sour with them.

Looking at this case, I see a training issue. Perhaps the PSC is a brand new OR. I know I made a similar mistake with MEPS submitting a request before submitting a MEDREAD. I learned from my mistake and thank goodness I wasn't in any rush to get the kit submitted. Also any active duty IDC kits don't need an N3M letter when going to the boards. By no means am I excusing the PSC and assuming your story is in fact true it's unacceptable to miss out on a board because of processing errors.

If I were you I'd request to talk to the Division Officer of the PSC. He or she can help you out a lot more than I can. Once again there's always two sides of the story and the Division Officer can be of more use of your circumstance than I can.

fedman28

Well let me ask you this I sat down with him today to sign docs. He has had my BUPERS CD for over a month now and we sit there after he arrives 30min late again, and says he cant find all my evals and page 4. One would think that if you had the CD for over a month you might want to pop it in and get what you need and not wait till the week before the deadline to findout you dont have the docs you need. Then I ask him if his processors can get my evals and Page 4 like my last OR did and he said theri processors cannot get docs.??? WHy can one OR get the docs and the next cant? Im going to miss the April board because he waited till the week before the deadline to find out we dont have everything we need!!!! UNSAT CHIEF!!! It seems as if the only work he does on my packet is when he is righ infront of me, mind you we started this process before DEC. of last year!

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
fedman28,

I'm not sure I have any advice for you, but I feel your pain. I've worked with two OR's now, as I spent about 9 months pursuing a commission in the Navy Reserves before deciding to go active duty. The difference between the two recruiters was like night and day. The first recruiter would rarely return my calls or answer emails. I would go weeks or even months without hearing from him. I still don't have a good explanation for it, but I am so appreciative for my current OR and all his hard work in getting me to where I am today.

Renegade One

None
First and foremost, there's always two sides to the story.
RUFiO: Any GOOD news for all of the bright young hopefuls who kinda lurk around here in order to sniff the waters?

YOU started this thread, and I think you've posted all of 5-6 times, (out of 72 postings….) most of which is "can't talk if you're working with someone else"..."don't eat or drink before your physical"...or "best to talk to someone else ( the Division Officer of the PSC?…)".

What EXACTLY were you offering here?

I don't care…but some others probably do, since YOU made the offer.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
RUFiO: Any GOOD news for all of the bright young hopefuls who kinda lurk around here in order to sniff the waters?

YOU started this thread, and I think you've posted all of 5-6 times, (out of 72 postings….) most of which is "can't talk if you're working with someone else"..."don't eat or drink before your physical"...or "best to talk to someone else ( the Division Officer of the PSC?…)".

What EXACTLY were you offering here?

I don't care…but some others probably do, since YOU made the offer.
Agreed.

exNavyOffRec

Well let me ask you this I sat down with him today to sign docs. He has had my BUPERS CD for over a month now and we sit there after he arrives 30min late again, and says he cant find all my evals and page 4. One would think that if you had the CD for over a month you might want to pop it in and get what you need and not wait till the week before the deadline to findout you dont have the docs you need. Then I ask him if his processors can get my evals and Page 4 like my last OR did and he said theri processors cannot get docs.??? WHy can one OR get the docs and the next cant? Im going to miss the April board because he waited till the week before the deadline to find out we dont have everything we need!!!! UNSAT CHIEF!!! It seems as if the only work he does on my packet is when he is righ infront of me, mind you we started this process before DEC. of last year!

I am beginning to think this isn't a training issue, even if it was a training issue at the very least he should have pulled the data from the CD when it arrived to ensure it contained what he needed.

In general most processors cannot pull docs like the ones you mentioned unless the person is a current member of the USNR.

fedman28

I was pretty confident that is was not a training issue more of a Chief that slipped through the cracks and made Chief.

Its just funny that one processor can do it and another cannot, my status has not changed since the last processor pulled up my records. So im pretty sure we are going to miss the April board as well, im switching OR's and im pretty sure I will not be able to get my records fast enough to make the April board. I dont think any one can speed up BUPERS