• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Kyler Boeck

Pro-rec SWO waiting for FS
Greetings!

I completed my last classes for my bachelors this past weekend. It would take almost two months for me to actually receive a copy of my degree. However, I could get documentation from the school showing that I completed all degree requirements and a breakdown of my GPA. Should that be sufficient to include with my package? Thanks.

Same thing happened with me. Call the transcript office and ask them when your degree will be posted to the official transcript. Then whenever that day is, request a copy of it. For me, this took about 2 weeks. You just need proof that you have indeed graduated.

eddieoctane

If I may answer this, I never had to show my degree to my recruiter. All my OR needed was an official final transcript from the school. So yes the documentation should suffice.

My recruiter didn't even require an official transcript (Penn State charges for those). Semester-by-semester print-outs of my classes and grades were enough and didn't cost me a dime. Well, I'm sure the printer paper and ink cost something, but much less than whatever Penn State charged.

exNavyOffRec

Hello Rufio,

Thank you for your post and offer to help. I have a couple questions that I was hoping you, or someone with OR experience, could help answer for me. I was pro-rec'ed into the CEC this past May, and since then my OR has told me the Program Manager is unable to get me a Final Selection Letter with OCS Class date. The reason my OR is giving me is that candidates like pilots, NFOs, and SEALS get priority over someone like me going into the CEC, and that I'll just have to wait until the PM gets around to me. I was wondering if 1) this is true, and 2) if it is true, how long could I be looking at for a final selection letter/Class date?

Another question I have is that I recently got married. Are there forms I need to fill out because of this?

Thank you in advance!

What your OR has said is not entirely correct, there are many behind the scenes considerations, for instance, the community has to have a spot for you at CECOS, so they just can't put all those selected in one OCS class, they stagger them, they don't want you to graduate OCS then wait 8 months, they try to align it as best they can, there is a breakdown of how many designators get in each OCS class, there is some wiggle room but in many cases what happens next goes into consideration. In addition if you look at the percent each designator has in the overall number, that will give you a good idea of what the makeup of OCS classes will look like, here is a hint, Nukes/Pilots/SWO/NFO

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
So what percentage of pilots make up an OCS class? What is the longest you know of someone waiting for a final select that has JPAS opened and is PQ'd?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
So what percentage of pilots make up an OCS class? What is the longest you know of someone waiting for a final select that has JPAS opened and is PQ'd?

Varies. Our class had mostly aviators with only two or three nukes, the next class was almost entirely nukes because of the way the timing worked out for the next class at Powerschool.
As for the waiting, no time like the present to get used to it. It's unfortunately a fact of life in the Navy.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Varies. Our class had mostly aviators with only two or three nukes, the next class was almost entirely nukes because of the way the timing worked out for the next class at Powerschool.
As for the waiting, no time like the present to get used to it. It's unfortunately a fact of life in the Navy.

How did you the most of your class fair in regards to the OCS Flight Physical?

LegoNavy

What your OR has said is not entirely correct, there are many behind the scenes considerations, for instance, the community has to have a spot for you at CECOS, so they just can't put all those selected in one OCS class, they stagger them, they don't want you to graduate OCS then wait 8 months, they try to align it as best they can, there is a breakdown of how many designators get in each OCS class, there is some wiggle room but in many cases what happens next goes into consideration. In addition if you look at the percent each designator has in the overall number, that will give you a good idea of what the makeup of OCS classes will look like, here is a hint, Nukes/Pilots/SWO/NFO

Thanks for the reply NavyOffRec. I had found the class schedule for CECOS and was asking my OR if it would be likely that my OCS class date would be ~3.5 months before the next CECOS class date (Jan 27th), and that's when my OR gave me the answer that because other people in higher priority communities get scheduled first it would be hard to say when my class date may be.

I guess the best thing for me to do is be patient. The CEC seems to be a pretty small community in the Navy, so it's understandable that there wouldn't be too many going through OCS.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the reply NavyOffRec. I had found the class schedule for CECOS and was asking my OR if it would be likely that my OCS class date would be ~3.5 months before the next CECOS class date (Jan 27th), and that's when my OR gave me the answer that because other people in higher priority communities get scheduled first it would be hard to say when my class date may be.

I guess the best thing for me to do is be patient. The CEC seems to be a pretty small community in the Navy, so it's understandable that there wouldn't be too many going through OCS.

One of the past CEC accessions officers told me that when they did the selections they would sometimes put who they wanted to go first, kind of like an accessions order.

LegoNavy

One of the past CEC accessions officers told me that when they did the selections they would sometimes put who they wanted to go first, kind of like an accessions order.

Interesting. I haven't heard of anyone else on this forum getting into the CEC for active duty, so I wouldn't be able to compare my class date when I get it with anyone, yet.

Would you happen to know about my other question, though? I just recently got married, so are there forms pertaining to my marital status that I need to fill out before going to OCS?

cinnabon

Hello folks / officer recruiters. Thanks for all of your forum-ing. I was recently pro-rec'd for SWO and I'm waiting on medical stuff to go through and then FS and all that. In the meantime, there's one thing I'd like to check into. As far as language qualifications go, whatever that test is called, when would I be eligible to take it? Would that only be after OCS? I speak Arabic, but the longer I wait the worse it'll get, I suppose, so probably better to test sooner. Not that I've got much to do these days other than practice.

elliottm2

Rufio181, Navyoffrec, and other ORs past and present who help us along the way thank you so much!

So an issue a myself and a few of my fellow OCS applicants are running into involves MEPS... mainly getting an appointment to get there. I've been to my recruiter twice since being Pro-Rec'd, and well... I haven't gotten a meps appointment yet through him . I was in my ORs office more than a week ago, got the necessary paperwork to provide when I go the MEPS station, and upon calling my OR Monday, he says hes still waiting on a response from the MEPS station for an appointment on when I can go and be evaluated.

Originally I was told this all had to be done by today (8/30), now Im being told the 15'th of September. I'm extremely frustrated because I have been trying to plan ahead to get a MEPS appointment for a month and feel like I have been blown off on multiple occasions. Is there any means of getting to MEPS without my current OR's direct involvement? For example, can I try to go through the contacts I have at my local enlisted office and see if that works?

This is what I want to do with my life, and I am trying to take it into my own hands and get things done proactively, my frustration comes with the fact that I feel like this is a simple scheduling matter which has just been blown off, and I am now legitimately starting to fear that the failure to get to and clear MEPS in a timely manner will result in me being set back and having to reapply to another board... aside from offering to go to a private doctors, and waiting for my OR to get his bearings (he's new in role) what else can I do to get to MEPS and clear it? Should I contact another OR and try to get an appointment out of state?

I'm mainly frustrated because I feel like it shouldn't be this difficult to get an appointment at MEPS... I know enlisted guys who go to MEPS the next day after originally meeting with their recruiters.... why does it take so long and is it so seemingly difficult for OCS applicants? Is this a trend or an isolated occurrence of a lack of sense of urgency?