• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Kyler Boeck

Pro-rec SWO waiting for FS
I had about 8 LOR's and I think almost all of them were addressed to the SWO board only because I also wasn't sure what to tell them. Figured I would address the letters to my number one pick. I like jg's way better. lol

CTFly1

I know that for STA-21 there is a standard format for numbering the inclosures in the package, but I haven't seen a similar regulation for OCS packages. Does it follow the same enclosure system?

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I know that for STA-21 there is a standard format for numbering the inclosures in the package, but I haven't seen a similar regulation for OCS packages. Does it follow the same enclosure system?

I did not mark a single enclosure and recieved no grief for it.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Rufio,

Do you know if something is going on with NORS Baltimore? I've been trying to call the office line (410-761-7419) since Friday morning and always get a busy/disconnected signal. Also noticed it isn't listed on the NRD Philadelphia recruiting stations web page anymore (http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/philadelphia/philadelphia-stations.htm), although there are references to the station phone number on other pages.

I haven't heard from my recruiter since I got the news about my pro-rec N status from the August IDC board. I'd like to apply again once I pass the six month mark, but all signals are dark and I don't know where else to turn!

exNavyOffRec

Rufio,

Do you know if something is going on with NORS Baltimore? I've been trying to call the office line (410-761-7419) since Friday morning and always get a busy/disconnected signal. Also noticed it isn't listed on the NRD Philadelphia recruiting stations web page anymore (http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/philadelphia/philadelphia-stations.htm), although there are references to the station phone number on other pages.

I haven't heard from my recruiter since I got the news about my pro-rec N status from the August IDC board. I'd like to apply again once I pass the six month mark, but all signals are dark and I don't know where else to turn!

wow what did you do or say to them to shutdown that office!

call the NRD main number ask for the officer processors and they should be able to help you.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Rufio,

Closing the loop on this, I was able to get through to NORS Baltimore late this afternoon. Unfortunately I missed my OR at the end of the day but it's good to know NRD Philly didn't permanently close the office or something!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you can't get in touch with the NORS, call the closest NRS (enlisted station) and ask to get the phone number to either the closest OR or Division Officer.

fedman28

Ok OR's I have a few questions my OR seems to me to be a litte too laid back we are not shooting for April board due to some issues on his part....of course. But here are my questions and see if this lines up with SOP.

First since I was prior service was scheduled for MEPS he said I needed to get MED QUALED before my packet wa submitted (IDC) so i took the day off , then he tells me he cant get me into MEPS becuase they want to do a MED READ on me, so instead we did a Commisioning Phsyical 2-Part. 1st part is done Dental, Labs, Hearing ect. the second part is on March 5th in which I have to drive 4hrs one way to do ...taking another day off work. The deadline is 3March he said he was going to submit it on the 3rd with a note saying part 2 will be completed on the 5th. Seems to me im getting thrown through hoops in addition to him being late for everything....Chief!!!!

Second I have so many LOR's I had 3-4 good ones from RET O-6, Active O-3 , Professors ect. Then he tells me I need LOR's from the last 3 employers which takes more time since some were out of state. I just feel like he really is winging this thing. The other issue that caused us to miss the Dec board was one Transcript for one class I took back in 04 I was having trouble getting an Offical transcript even though those creadits were Offically transfered to the college i which I graduated from that reflects that on the Offical transcript. Then after we miss the Dec board he tells me its fine we can print an un-offical one off of his GOV computer??? Why could we do that before the DEC board?

Thanks

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Ok OR's I have a few questions my OR seems to me to be a litte too laid back we are not shooting for April board due to some issues on his part....of course. But here are my questions and see if this lines up with SOP.

First since I was prior service was scheduled for MEPS he said I needed to get MED QUALED before my packet wa submitted (IDC) so i took the day off , then he tells me he cant get me into MEPS becuase they want to do a MED READ on me, so instead we did a Commisioning Phsyical 2-Part. 1st part is done Dental, Labs, Hearing ect. the second part is on March 5th in which I have to drive 4hrs one way to do ...taking another day off work. The deadline is 3March he said he was going to submit it on the 3rd with a note saying part 2 will be completed on the 5th. Seems to me im getting thrown through hoops in addition to him being late for everything....Chief!!!!

Second I have so many LOR's I had 3-4 good ones from RET O-6, Active O-3 , Professors ect. Then he tells me I need LOR's from the last 3 employers which takes more time since some were out of state. I just feel like he really is winging this thing. The other issue that caused us to miss the Dec board was one Transcript for one class I took back in 04 I was having trouble getting an Offical transcript even though those creadits were Offically transfered to the college i which I graduated from that reflects that on the Offical transcript. Then after we miss the Dec board he tells me its fine we can print an un-offical one off of his GOV computer??? Why could we do that before the DEC board?

Thanks
I am not a recruiter but I can confrom you need all official transcripts even if you took one class at a community, as for the LORs yes you need them from all employers of the last three years. I had to do all this last year when I applied.

fedman28

Thanks Mr Spenz things have been very different between this OR and the last one I had. Its hard to tell which one knows what they are doing and which one didnt. It makes me feel better knowing someone else went through the same steps as I did. I am going into this at a disadvantage due to my degree I just want to make sure I have the best chance I can get. After all this is my career we are talking about I dont like feeling like Im just a number to an OR because he already has a career and really doent care If I get selected or not.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks

I believe only a few certain designators need to be PQ prior to board and those were Pilot/NFO/SWO, maybe Supply? they could have extended it to others though, if they did telling NRC "it's almost done" won't cut it, either applications are ready or they are not, and even then just completing the physical doesn't really mean anything until N3M PQ's you. I wonder if your recruiter is at an NRD that has imposed additional requirements? or maybe your recruiter is on the ROAD program? I have seen that before so that wouldn't surprise me, or he is just new or just doesn't care.

fedman28

NavyOffRec,

It really didnt make any sense to me the way he was doing it and I dont know why there would be addidtional requirements for "Prior Service" at MEPS we were already scheduled to go and get that out of the way but he came back saying since I was PS that they needed something different. I dont know what the ROAD program is and like I said im applying for IDC. I really hope he doesnt screw this up for me. This is the 2nd OR , 2nd state and 2nd time I have had to jump through hoops getting new LOR's from people who had already taken the time out to do one for me some of which will probebly be annoyed if they have to do it a 3rd time ie. College Professors that really dont have that much spare time anyway. I would just hate to miss the April board im ready to go yesterday and if we dont make this one its going to be another couple of months.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

It really didnt make any sense to me the way he was doing it and I dont know why there would be addidtional requirements for "Prior Service" at MEPS we were already scheduled to go and get that out of the way but he came back saying since I was PS that they needed something different. I dont know what the ROAD program is and like I said im applying for IDC. I really hope he doesnt screw this up for me. This is the 2nd OR , 2nd state and 2nd time I have had to jump through hoops getting new LOR's from people who had already taken the time out to do one for me some of which will probebly be annoyed if they have to do it a 3rd time ie. College Professors that really dont have that much spare time anyway. I would just hate to miss the April board im ready to go yesterday and if we dont make this one its going to be another couple of months.

ROAD is "Retired On Active Duty", basically someone that has been approved for retirement and is just sucking air waiting for that date to come.

PS does require a few extra items, the one that comes to mind is a copy of the DD214, it could be something on the prescreen raised a flag so the doc wanted something else.

fedman28

Ohhh yea the ROAD program would make sense he is a part of the Navy's Elite Group if you know what I mean. There is nothing in my medical history that would raise a flag at all. He said he was hooking me up by having me to the Commisioning Phsyical instead of the MED READ or what ever that is. I have a copy of the check list as well, he has everything and I was suprised to know what I had to get MED. qualed prior to submitting my packet I was under the impression if you get PRO REQ-Y then you would go to MEPS ect. I dont know what N3M is either?