• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Naples incident/how to ruin your career before it's started/make others suffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess the whole "Naval Aviation takes care of its own" doesn't apply until wings.

If you think winged dudes in similar situations aren't sold out by the higher ups in the same manner as the O-1s described by GS, you're sorely mistaken.

MasterBates

Are these dudes in hack at least? Lord knows I have been put in hack or confined to base for things far less stupid than this.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At least they will have a job with BASH when they get out of the Navy. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Words to the effect of: DON'T FUCK IT UP!

This is all VERY true and a good advisory. And to add to it, no matter what you hear about the "good old days", and no matter HOW cool your front office seems to be at the AOMs etc, you'd better BELIEVE that if you get into a hint of trouble, they won't think twice about throwing you under the fucking bus. The skipper isn't coming to bail you out and laugh about your DUI anymore. If you get a ticket for jay-walking, you'll be doing the khaki tango and hoping not to get kicked out.

This is allegedly a "kinder, gentler" Navy.

DISCLAIMER: I am strictly speaking in generalities, and NOT specifically about any particular person/people.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
I don't think the outrage from the locals and ecologists is unwarranted. Legal hunting can be a good and honest activity and even contribute to the local ecosystem in population control. On the other hand, it takes a special kind of person to use animals for target practice, endangered or not. Medical professionals tend to call these people psychopaths, and they really have no place in our enlightened society, and certainly no place in the officer ranks. (We tend to use the words "gentlemen" and "ladies" when referring to officers, don't we?) Of course, I'm not saying these guys did what they're accused of and are deserving of such ridicule. We'll let the courts decide that.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
MatoZachary_t600.jpg

He looks like the guy at the party that's just waiting to slip a roofie in to someone's drink. And I really hope he gets raked over the coals. I've seen too many glib, smug little fucks like this slime their way through.

Bevo16

pilot
I really hope that the press does not get wind of the fact that 4 of these guys are in the Navy.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I really hope that the press does not get wind of the fact that 4 of these guys are in the Navy.

Make that five, the only ones that aren't are the girl and the guy in the white t-shirt, the rest are all my classmates.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot

I'm sure it's only a matter of time, unfortunately. One of the people that commented on that first story mentioned that several of them were recent Academy grads. Surprisingly, it seems no one else picked up on it...they were all too busy frothing at the mouth about how these people deserve to be shot.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor

I'm sure it will be on Fox and CNN by the middle of next week. These things take about a week to get going national...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Sounds like the "One guy shits his pants; everyone has to wear diapers" mentality is in full effect. Honestly, it might not be a bad leadership technique for the pool. After all, it's not as though the pool is a group of permanent personnel one has to deal with for a whole deployment cycle, i.e. who cares if they don't like it, they'll be someone else's problem in a couple of months. The concern is, "How do we get these jackasses to keep from screwing up long enough to start training?" The easiest way is set phasers to "maximum pain" and beat them into submission.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
The concern is, "How do we get these jackasses to keep from screwing up long enough to start training?" The easiest way is set phasers to "maximum pain" and beat them into submission since they obviously didn't learn it from somewhere else.

Fixed it for you. After all, it tends to be one or two or ten who ruin it for 100. It's probably not the first time they've done something dumb either...

Status
Not open for further replies.