• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
With a refueling probe, you've got to be kidding me.....

I give the gas now, no way I would want to be sitting behind probably a C-130 or worse yet the Stratotanker getting gas so I could extend my day in that aircraft.:eek:

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman!!!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Holy Cow....I saw this on the news and NONE of the bystanders did anything....what happened to being a good samaritan?

Seriously!!

-ea6bflyr ;)

I agree with you, but can you imagine, as an ordinary citizen, what it must be like to watch some get stabbed and freaking decapitated by someone so robotically? They were probably all in shock.

phantomphixer82

I road a Greyhound bus from Atlanta back to Jax and some whale of a guy used the bathroom shortly after we left, the stench was so bad for the whole trip that the bus should have been condemed, where is an oxygen mask when you need one?????

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
My best greyhound story...back in 1998 I rode from Visalia, CA to Ft. Collins, CO. When we stopped in Bakersfield about half of the people who boarded the bus were newly released convicts from Corcoran Prison. So here is 18 year old Picklesuit, 150 pounds on a good day, sitting between 2 250 pound guys straight out of the clink. The funny thing is, they were the nicest guys...after 10 minutes of straight up silence, the guy on my left asked if I had found Jesus and proceeded to proselytize for the next 20 minutes. They were both getting out after 10+ yr sentences for assault/robbery/drugs, and had been "straightened" by jail. We had lunch in Tehachepi and they were pretty forthright with answers to all my stupid questions.
The only ones that were remotely scary were the females who had been released and were talking shit in the front of the bus. They looked like they could whup my ass and not think twice about it. They all got off by Barstow, and the "normal" civilian types that rode the rest of the 27 hours were total dirtbags. Made me miss the parolees. Last time I took the 'hound.

srqwho

pilot
I road a Greyhound bus from Atlanta back to Jax and some whale of a guy used the bathroom shortly after we left, the stench was so bad for the whole trip that the bus should have been condemed, where is an oxygen mask when you need one?????

Try a 3 hour ride home after losing a football game on the "offensive" bus... complete with 20+ offensive linemen. And it was late fall so there was no AC on. There were no showers available after the game... so everybody just walked straight from the locker room to the bus with all their equipment on with the exception of shoulder-pads. On the good side, "A Perfect Storm" was playing on the little TVs...

Raptor2216

One of my friends picked up the callsign greyhound because he 'had' to ride the bus from key west to meridian. Its a pretty funny story but I'll let him tell it if he is up for it.

I heard the story from the IP himself...it was frekin unbelievable at so many levels and funny of course.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
"...Colwell praised the "extraordinary" level-headedness and bravery of the bus driver and passengers..."

very poor choice of words.

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
No personal experience but my brother and my ex-girlfriend each rode Greyhound and had nothing but bad things to say. The highlight of their experiences was when my ex rolled into Salt Lake City in the middle of the night and the driver for the bus was scheduled to switch out for the next leg. The off-going driver proceeded to get in a massive fistfight with the oncoming driver and the cops/paramedics were called. They showed up and the oncoming driver proceeded to get in a fistfight with the paramedics. The result was her being stranded in SLC for 6 hours while the two drivers were arrested and Greyhound scrounged around for another meathead to drive their bus. Moral of the story, if you have to travel by bus, find a way to be unconcious the entire trip if possible. I recommend massive amounts of alcohol :D

that sucks. nothing worse than having to spend 6hrs in SLC.:D Wonder if my brother was at that call.

but yeah, once did a roundtrip from SLC to Colorado Springs (12hr one way). never again. got the last seat, make that 1/2 seat, next to a very large individual. Luckily though, I traveled with my friends Sailor Jerry and Rootbeer. One shouting match. No knife fights, though that would've made the trip go by faster.