• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

phrogpilot73

Two things Tom, one I'm not flying the COD anymore and two, get some fucking Gold Wings before you get in on this one. As big as A4's ego is, he wore the wings and thus can make fun/poke fun as much as he desires at myself and COD drivers (former COD driver in this case). An SNA has no say in this fight :)
Well said, and case in point - while you may be a tailhooker - you can't hover and are therefore gay. ;)

fudog50

COD patch

HEY CHECK OUT THE FOODOG PATCH LIKE ON MY SIG?

I AM AT KADENA, OKINAWA RIGHT NOW< YOU WANT ANY KIND OF PATCH I'LL HUSTLE DOWN TO TIGERS AND GET ONE FOR YOU???

YOU DO KNOW WHAT A FOODOG IS RIGHT?

VRC-50 1982-86 and still active.

Let me know, I'll hook u up no problem.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The CODs are overused and worn out. They talked about replacing them when I was a crewman back in the early 90's. From a crew chief perspective, it was a great ride....but the short deck times really wore out the PC and Loadmaster. I always loved screwing with the ATO.

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1981/1981%20-%203133.pdf

NGGreyhound21ld.jpg

-ea6bflyr ;)

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm curious to hear why the Fokker design never made it. Was it a pipedream for the company to begin with?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm curious to hear why the Fokker design never made it. Was it a pipedream for the company to begin with?

I think it was to save monies....remember this was about the time frame where the A-12/A-6F died.....so I believe they re-opened the re-procured (C-2A(R)) line.

-ea6bflyr ;)

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
But in that article I thought that Fokker claimed it would be cheaper..... ???

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
I think it was to save monies....remember this was about the time frame where the A-12/A-6F died.....so I believe they re-opened the re-procured (C-2A(R)) line.

-ea6bflyr ;)

The C-2 reprocured line was opened a few years before the A-12 and A-6F were killed off (early '90s timeframe). They began doing the logistics background work on the aircraft in the early '80s, and I remember attending the first logistics meeting at Bethpage in '81 or '82 when I was a sand crab at NARF North Island (I was the C-2 tech pubs data manager there at the time).