• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I got stuck in East St. Louis on a high school trip one time. We'd chartered a Greyhound to go from Western Missouri to Washington DC, and on the way home they decided to stop at a Bus Depot in EAST ST. LOUIS and change- get this- ALL 8 TIRES ON THE BUS! So, 2 hours from home on a 24 hour road trip we were told to get off, not told why, and all our stuff was left on the bus while we sat in the wonderful bus depot for 4 hours. And oh yeah, this all started at 2 AM. Do you know who hangs out in the Greyhound bus depot in East St. Louis at night?

We found out later there were 5 shooting in that neighborhood that night.

I will walk or hitch before I'll take another greyhound.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
On the way down to Boston from school, I had the good fortune of sitting down-wind of an extremely pungent individual. Everytime he shuffled, a new batch of stench would make its way back to me. Couldn't tell if was just his "scent," or if it was weaponized by gastric issues...

Three days later, I get back on the bus to go back to school. Same dude sits EXACTLY in front of me... again. Awesome!

Of course listening to this British guy on a business trip (dressed to kill) trying to explain to a girl the difference between economics and sales was pretty priceless.

I will continue to sleep in airports until the ankle-biters fall into my lap.
I will pay good cash-money to avoid the bus.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The LAST time I rode a bus was @ 20 years ago PDX-SEA when the WX closed down Seattle so the flight dumped into PDX .....

I was deadheading from LAX to SEA on Alaska -- we didn't make it (obviously) ... but I hooked up w/ an' ol' AK flight/stew/friend of mine .... at least I got a good phone # out of the exercise ... :eek:

Chalk one up for Greyhound Bus ... :D

Renegade One

None
Alright...so I am picking up the new motorcycle this weekend and need to get myself to Knoxville TN. Naturally, I checked flight prices. Pretty ridiculous. $375 or so one way....and then I thought, "Why not take the bus." 95$....and 14 hours! Who knows, it might be fun.

So let's hear it. Take a pillow or a prison shank? Pretzels or piddle packs? Gimme your best Greyhound stories/advice...other odd transportation solutions welcome.;):D

Life's too short for any of that nonsense. Get a one-way economy rental car for probably half the cost of the bus ticket and have a nice road trip.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
I'm from Knoxville (live in Nashville area now) and the Greyhound station is a sh*t hole. It's in the worst part of town. It's literally underneath the interstate and about 40-50 homeless make it their home for the night. Hope everything worked out for you, by the way did you get the bike from a dealer? I've bought several bikes from Alcoa Good Times, about 5 miles from the Knoxville Airport (KTYS). And yeah, airfare into TYS is ridiculous. We ONLY have RJ's and turboprops. The only medium to large jets are the UPS and FedEx 72s, A300s, and DC-8s. Allegiant might fly MDs out of there, not sure.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Back in April, while on transfer leave, I took the Greyhound from Alabama to New Jersey to ride my 2008 Versys down from Cycle World of Cherry Hill, NJ.

After the beheading incident, however, I think I'm going to steer away from Greyhound. That is, until the bus drivers start carrying shotguns.

Greyhound used to be a great way to travel. Now, not so much?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I took a Trailways from Philly to Ithaca back when I was a sophomore in college, right after the earth cooled (...and then the dinosaurs came, but they all died and turned into oil, and then the Arabs came, and they all drove Mercedes-Benzes..). It actually wasn't a bad way to do a 5-6 hour trip for a broke student with no car. A plane ticket wouldn't have been worth it. No crazies. I wouldn't want to do a serious trip that way, though. If you can't afford a plane ticket for a cross-country trip, you have issues.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I took a Trailways from Philly to Ithaca back when I was a sophomore in college....quote]

Where did you go to school. Cornell here....I'm sitting here as we speak wearing an "Ithaca is Gorges shirt"...:D:D

In other news...holy thread ressurection man...someone has been using the search function!

I bought the bike from a private seller. Ended up renting a car for the drive up, one way airport to airport. Cheaper than the Greyhound and it took about a third of the time.

Cougar_62

Just another frustrated observer.
I think I get the connection. PETA doesn't really care about the beheading and cannibalizing, they just think it's unethical to name a terrible bus line after a noble dog like the Greyhound.

I remember seeing this thread way back when it started and wondering if Scoober 78 ever got his bike. Now we know.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
As a side note, the beloved Rev. Phelps, is planning on protesting the funeral of the beheaded man.

cmhumphr

CuMhUmPeR
Selecting the C-2 Greyhound

Is there anyone who can tell me if selection for the COD is competitive these days? Also what the COD life is like after you hit the fleet. I would like for the C-2/E-2 to be my first choice and jets second and helos third.