• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

Flugelman

Contributor
Talk about stinky

Hell, just carry them in a box inside the cockpit with you. The downside is when the box springs a leak, and lobster juice runs out all over the seat cushion of ECMO-2. After the jet sits with a closed canopy for a couple of days in the mid-Atlantic summer sun, it can get pretty stinky. The next crew to fly that jet was not happy...

Back in the early 70's, VX-1 took a P3 from Key West to Brunswick on a parts/lobster run. They encountered some turbulence and a couple of the coolers were emptied into the bilges via the doppler hatch. :eek: I guess they didn't find all the lobsters for a week or so.

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
Granted it's been awhile and I've seen how the Navy does it but my past 5 years in the Air Funk has taught me one thing. I woulndn't have changed my Navy career in any way. It wasn't my first pick out of primary, and in fact it wasn't anywhere near the top but in the end it was a match made in heaven. As my old and I mean old friend Bunk would say booze, beach and bitches is a major plus for the COD but there are many others in my mind that make up for it's lack of sexiness and bomb dropping abilities.

The key to it all is that many tailhookers think it's a POS and maybe it is; it doesn't fit everybody's personality but it helps in the fight in it's own way and your still getting traps. Big enough reason to like it. Hell, you could be flying the E-6 and sitting on alert somewhere like Omaha and not enjoying your perdiem.

Rant on A4s.

Sorry I missed the reemergence of this thread but I just got back from NSA Souda Bay, Crete with the ANG and $145/day perdiem. $$$$$

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... It wasn't my first pick out of primary, and in fact it wasn't anywhere near the top but in the end it was a match made in heaven.....

Rant on A4s....

Yeah, whatever. I agree w/ you. I feel your pain.

No rant ... in the greater scheme of Naval Aviation ... COD's suck.

Unlike some of you; I don't have a problem w/ the size of my penis and don't have to justify what I've flown over the years, but I understand a lot of you boys do ... you're still young. :)

But if that's the hand that was dealt me --
COD's --I'd have gone w/ it in a second and enjoyed it and wouldn't have felt the need to justify it.

Clear??? Crystal??? Capiche???

Why do you think I went into the airlines?? Big COD's ...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chuck Norris can.

(Can I get the thread to go downhill? Can I? Can I?) :D

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Codtanker, when did'cha cross over? You in Offutt or Lincoln?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Unlike some of you; I don't have a problem w/ the size of my penis and don't have to justify what I've flown over the years, but I understand a lot of you boys do ... you're still young. :)

Could have fooled me.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Granted it's been awhile and I've seen how the Navy does it but my past 5 years in the Air Funk has taught me one thing. I woulndn't have changed my Navy career in any way. It wasn't my first pick out of primary, and in fact it wasn't anywhere near the top but in the end it was a match made in heaven. As my old and I mean old friend Bunk would say booze, beach and bitches is a major plus for the COD but there are many others in my mind that make up for it's lack of sexiness and bomb dropping abilities.

The key to it all is that many tailhookers think it's a POS and maybe it is; it doesn't fit everybody's personality but it helps in the fight in it's own way and your still getting traps. Big enough reason to like it. Hell, you could be flying the E-6 and sitting on alert somewhere like Omaha and not enjoying your perdiem.

Rant on A4s.

Sorry I missed the reemergence of this thread but I just got back from NSA Souda Bay, Crete with the ANG and $145/day perdiem. $$$$$

Welcome home bud. I'll call soon since you're home.

I will concur, the COD is a giant POS but the lifestyle is not. Beer, babes, bars, more beer and more babes. That and a very laid back atmosphere back home. At least you got to fly T-2C's for 3 years, I was sent to the FRS and we all know how that worked out :icon_rage I guess I wouldn't be so bitter towards it if I had some time off inbetween. Getting to do some fun flying between the long, boring straight and level stuff would have been nice. Beer is good though :D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
He is flying the COD...

Two things Tom, one I'm not flying the COD anymore and two, get some fucking Gold Wings before you get in on this one. As big as A4's ego is, he wore the wings and thus can make fun/poke fun as much as he desires at myself and COD drivers (former COD driver in this case). An SNA has no say in this fight :)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Two things Tom, one I'm not flying the COD anymore and two, get some fucking Gold Wings before you get in on this one. As big as A4's ego is, he wore the wings and thus can make fun/poke fun as much as he desires at myself and COD drivers (former COD driver in this case). An SNA has no say in this fight :)........Bitch.

Fixed....;):D