• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Video Thread...

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
What a difference in the videos - you can see the puff of smoke when the shaft decides that it doesn't want to play anymore.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I gotta know, what's the story behind this?

Nothing very interesting. Boat turned when it shouldn't have, bird wasn't ready for it, over it went. The guy you see running out trying to hold it up is the det OIC having a bit of a panic. He got over it.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Damn. I can only imagine the torrential shit storm that came down from that one. Other than blades, doesn't look like it would've caused too much damage.

KiowaDriver

Now a Hooker....
None
What part of the world is that?

Alabama. Fort Rucker. AO Hawk in specific. Near Enterprise and north of Andalusia and Florala. Its a 4 week phase of training that is pretty cool, except for making that damn Australian fold map.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Nothing very interesting. Boat turned when it shouldn't have, bird wasn't ready for it, over it went. The guy you see running out trying to hold it up is the det OIC having a bit of a panic. He got over it.

Clearly he should have run back out a second time. He held it up the first time..... :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Other than blades, doesn't look like it would've caused too much damage.

There's a lot of composite bits and pieces and antennaes on the side that add up pretty quick. Plus the MAD, the stab and the whole 17K+ pound airframe resting on a part that wasn't designed to take it.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ruh roh! I have been found out.

Apparently ESPN has learned how I used to fly the Airbus:

Whadayasay we land this puppy?