• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Video Thread...

UW14

Long time lurker and first time poster here. This place has been very helpful to me, thank you to all. Here is a good low level onboard video:

yak52driver

Contributor
Hornet East Coast Demo - STAB
A little pucker up for yak52driver

I have seen this one before, but he did a good job putting her down. I've always wondered why he went gear up, but not knowing the field or terrain it's better to walk away and give it to the insurance company than flip it.

Related to the "KILL THAT M#$@&^ F&$(@#", a couple of months ago a former student of mine that joined WI ANG squadron as a pilot got permission for me to fly their F-16 sim. One of the scenrios they set up was me against a Russian fighter, it was a blast but it was a challenge to get guns on him.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I have seen this one before, but he did a good job putting her down. I've always wondered why he went gear up, but not knowing the field or terrain it's better to walk away and give it to the insurance company than flip it.

So do you think it would be a total loss after a wheels up landing on grass? Looked like it wasn't too rough. Then again with the prop not feathered I guess the engine might be totaled?

yak52driver

Contributor
So do you think it would be a total loss after a wheels up landing on grass? Looked like it wasn't too rough. Then again with the prop not feathered I guess the engine might be totaled?

Actually, it may not have. The -50 is a tail dragger, but the mains fold under the wing the same as the -52. The tires retract under the wing so that they will contact the ground and roll before the wings/fuselage does. I'm told the Russians designed it in anticipation of the new pilot landing it gear up. I've also been told because of the "composite" prop they would hoist the plane up, drop the gear, put a new prop on and put it back in the air. I'm sure in some cases that worked, in others, not so much. I do know one guy (not me!) that did land gear up, he had to repair the flaps and put a new prop on it, but it was good to go after that.

KiowaDriver

Now a Hooker....
None
I have a gun nerd question for you... What rifle are you guys carrying? It looks too short to be a M-4 but too long to be a CQBR/MK18. I was under the impression the 11.5" wasn't issued normally.

That is just a standard M4. You can see the bbl notch for the M203.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor

Seriously guys...can someone take some good Romeo video? This makes me seem so toolish. Don't LAMPS me bro.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Seriously guys...can someone take some good Romeo video? This makes me seem so toolish. Don't LAMPS me bro.

(A) Don't know how to break it to you, but you are LAMPS.

(B) What Jim said.

(C) There's always this video:

at least that crew got Air Medals instead of FNAEBs.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
(A) Don't know how to break it to you, but you are LAMPS.

at least that crew got Air Medals instead of FNAEBs.

Well that's just shameless promotion there. BTW, I did end up being in IGS with your co-pilot. Don't worry, he played the non-public video for us all, so you've been immortalized.