• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
VP-45 brought their superb ability to downlink video (and great attitude towards contributing to Air Wing ISR picture), which we watched on ROVER in the field.

VP-45.jpg

Why does this P-3 look so naked? Do they not paint them up in squadron colors?

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Here are some pictures a friend of mine in the Netherlands took and sent to me. From a recent air show he attended.

A French Air force Mirage 2000
FrenchAirforceMirage2000.jpg

A MiG-29UB from the Hungarian Air force
Mig-29UB-HungarianAirforce.jpg

The Royal Navy Agusta Westland EH-101
TheRoyalNavy-AgustaEH-101.jpg

The Frecci Tricolori:
Italian Air force Display Team, flying the Aermacchi MB-339
TheFrecciTricolori-ItalianAirforced.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hornet action at Fallon last week

Felix Super E sporting iron

Felixiron.jpg

VFA-106

AD356.jpg

VFA-213 Black Lion taxis by VFC-13 line

SaintBlackLion.jpg

NSAWC Static Display sporting Golden Dragon paint scheme

NF300.jpg

Visiting Super Hornets from VX-9

VX-9.jpg

Felix with LGTR loadout

AJ102LGTR.jpg

VFA-122 Super Hornet

VFA-122FA-18E.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
R.O....your pics from 1973 look amazing.... If I didn't know any better, I would have guessed they were digital. My Dad showed up at VF-121 in Sandog at the end of 1973, and the quality of his phantom pics look like dog squeeze compared to yours. But, I still loved looking at them while growing up.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
R.O....your pics from 1973 look amazing.... If I didn't know any better, I would have guessed they were digital. My Dad showed up at VF-121 in Sandog at the end of 1973, and the quality of his phantom pics look like dog squeeze compared to yours. But, I still loved looking at them while growing up.

I always shot Kodachrome(R) except for some medium format stuff (120/220) which I shot in either Kodacolor (print film) or Ektachrome. I also had a good mentor in Bob Lawson. For those not in the loop, Bob was the first editor of The Hook magazine when it became a magazine in 1977.
Bob was a senior chief Photographer's Mate, and the Photo Lab Chief at North Island. We crossed paths (kind of a long story... won't bore you...) and he gave me hints on shooting air-to-air. Bob kept shooting after he retired... one year when I was flying for the Reserves and getting about 120 hours a year, Bob had more flight time in high-performance Navy jets that year than I did.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
^Simple yes, but they have tons of hours on each airframe. We are rebuilding the wings here, so that they may continue their missions.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 29 June 2008

A7TankF14Ckpt.jpg

VF-301 F-14A tanking from a VA-304 A-7E. SoCal OpArea (W-291), January 1986

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Then here's another one of the indispensable Prowler...I think that's Brett waving...

AJ500.jpg

Bretts a Shadowgeek nerdhawk? The horror, the horror :icon_wink

Pugs (second and third cruise with 141 for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.