• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
pretty cool pic of the old Grumman plant on Long Island...

Attachments

• Grumman_800x534.jpg
    Grumman_800x534.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 316

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
No....I wish my timing was that good with the lightning bolts and all. I hope I didn't do copyright infringement....but it was on a free wallpaper page.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 27 June 2008

a7f18f14cvwr30sm.jpg

Carrier Air Wing Reserve 30 aircraft line up for tanking on the January 1986 two-week deployment on board USS Ranger (CV-61) in the SoCal OpArea.
The tanker is a VA-304 A-7E
Aircraft receiving fuel is a VF-301 F-14A
Two aircraft in the observer position are VFA-303 F/A-18A

CAG wanted to show that we were just as good as the RegNav folks, so we also did NIGHT OPS :eek:

To get the "select" crews night qualled took up a lot of extra flight time and hops, much to the consternation of the folks who weren't on the "night team." Especially when the fog rolled in and CNX'd flight ops for a couple of days.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 28 June 2008

CowlesBreak.jpg

"Sundown 205 at Cowles, two for the break"

VF-21 F-4J approaching NAS Miramar from the southeast, 1973.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VFC-13 F-5E; always a great subject

Red22.jpg

NSAWC Helo returning

Seahawk.jpg

NSAWC/TOPGUN F/A-18 after DACT hop with Prowler

DACT.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More from Fallon this past week

Red6.jpg

VP-45 brought their superb ability to downlink video (and great attitude towards contributing to Air Wing ISR picture), which we watched on ROVER in the field.

VP-45.jpg

"Pride" F/A-18 heading to runway

Pride.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like a TACTS pod to me.

It is a TACTS pod and even the P-3C was carrying one. Not so much of a "sensor" although it does have pitot static probe. It allows participant to be "seen" on TACTS range and employ weapons electronically or have weapons employed against you (of many types).

Closer shot of a TACTS pod

TACTSpoddetails.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It is a TACTS pod and even the P-3C was carrying one. Not so much of a "sensor" although it does have pitot static probe. It allows participant to be "seen" on TACTS range and employ weapons electronically or have weapons employed against you (of many types).

Yeah, once Pugs said it, it made sense, I just hadn't seen one on a -60. But then again, I don't hang out w/ the patch-wearing crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.