• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownshoe

Contributor
Great photo. I happens to be misnamed as it's not in the break. Technically, he's at the initial (or just a bit inside). Actually, he looks a tad high, he's probably in low holding.

Gotta talk with Ward Carroll, or Dave about that! I'm just the messenger.:D Neat photo though. My traps were while seated facing aft in a COD. In the rear with the gear, so I wouldn't know about such stuff.:)

Steve

brownshoe

Contributor
Ok... how's this?

VF301Flight.jpg

Santa Ana conditions in San Diego (winds from the east means a VITKO departure from RWY 6).

VF-301 F-14As, July 1987

Great stuff!

Steve

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great photo. I happens to be misnamed as it's not in the break. Technically, he's at the initial (or just a bit inside). Actually, he looks a tad high, he's probably in low holding.

We were actually in the spin circle and I saw what the shot couldbe and told my nugget pilot to get a litlle sucked so I could et this perspective. He was worried because CO wa sin the lead jet. I laughed and said "Do you think he can see us or even cares at this point?" Then I added, "Besides, he won't care if it turns out!" So shot happend as I hoped and I couldn't wait until I got it developed because I knew I nailed it. When Photo Lab gave me my slides (I was shooting E-6), I was short several including this one. I went to Photo Officer immediately and described shot. He called all hands on deck and told me to wait in Ready Room. I got a call 10 minutes later to return to pick up my missing slides. It's one of my very favorite shots.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool shot, from a photog to a photog you aced that one :) :)

Thanks, Ned.

Smoke from CA fires is making photography difficult at Fallon this week. Note that mountains are no longer discernable in background in first shot (taken yesterday when it got so bad that field went IFR) whereas they are clear in second shot taken late last week.

Kfir-1.jpg

ATAC KFIR with VFA-106 F/A-18 in background

TOPGUNVipers.jpg

TOPGUN Vipers

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Momentous day as NSAWC E-2C finally fires up her engines and takes a stroll around the flightline

NSAWCE-2C.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Marines have landed....uh, er, they landed and are taxiing to takeoff again at Fallon yesterday

AV-8B.jpg

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 26 June 2008

Speaking of Fallon... here's how the field looked from the South Initial in 1983.

VF301f4sfallonapprch.jpg

VF-301 F-4S section at the Fallon Initial for RWY 31.
Summer 1983 CVWR-30 Fallon Det.
Note the single runway....

brownshoe

Contributor
Speaking of Fallon... here's how the field looked from the South Initial in 1983.

VF301f4sfallonapprch.jpg

VF-301 F-4S section at the Fallon Initial for RWY 31.
Summer 1983 CVWR-30 Fallon Det.
Note the single runway....

Really great photo of a great plane. God, I miss seeing those things operate.:)

Steve

Yankee Uniform Tango
Really great photo of a great plane. God, I miss seeing those things operate.:)

Steve

Personally I never understood why so many people diss(ed) their looks - I always thought it's one of the sexiest war machines ever made. When I was younger, the bent-wings and F-4 designation made me think it was an updated version of the WW2 Corsair.

Flugelman

Contributor
Thanks, Ned.

Smoke from CA fires is making photography difficult at Fallon this week. Note that mountains are no longer discernable in background in first shot (taken yesterday when it got so bad that field went IFR) whereas they are clear in second shot taken late last week.

Kfir-1.jpg

ATAC KFIR with VFA-106 F/A-18 in background

Next to the F/A-18, that KFIR looks like a Scooter on steriods...

Good shots, thanks for the views.

brownshoe

Contributor
Personally I never understood why so many people diss(ed) their looks - I always thought it's one of the sexiest war machines ever made. When I was younger, the bent-wings and F-4 designation made me think it was an updated version of the WW2 Corsair.

They were a great plane! When they taxied and the pilot goosed the throttles they kinda growled, a friend of mine once said they sounded like a banshee howling. When they went into AB on takeoff it'd rattle your teeth. Oh man, working the deck with 'em was awesome. But alas... sniff...:( the A-4 is my only real love.:)

Steve

brownshoe

Contributor
I mean, after all... just look at her.:icon_wink (sigh) Be still my beating heart.

Steve

Attachments

• 585_TA-4JVA44.jpg
    585_TA-4JVA44.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.