• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Glocpilot and the Princess (April's Fool or what?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
There's one thing that I don't think anyone noticed. How the hell did the "boyfriend" get involved??? Was he CC'd or BCC'd? And if so, did this ENS really think her boyfriend would be able to pull anything with his (gasp) O-2 status? Seriously?!?!....

This has gotten around many places. It went through CENTCOM on Monday and then I saw it here.
This girl's career is already over. Even if she wants to make a go of it, it will be very hard to live this down; really, who would want to serve with her? Well except for the LTJG who can't even type English correctly. Perhaps she will enjoy her new job as port fuels officer in Diego Garcia.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's even made it out here to me in filthy civilianland. Course, I work in a shop that's 80+% ex-Navy, so...

Yes, assholes come from all commissioning sources. I don't think anyone's disputing that. Just that different sources tend to produce assholes with distinct plumage.

For the $0.02 it's worth, having just spent three years coralling Ensigns, here's my observation: you know the Academy kids because they say "Hey, what's up, brah?" to the Skipper. The ERAU studs always seem to have circa-1986 Maverick Ray-Bans, pile up all their Sporty's gear in their car (just in case someone needs a pilot, you know) and tell Riddle war stories ("So there I was...on final...viz near mins..."). The OCS'ers are still in the process of deprogramming, and get in this "My Gunny saluted me and called me Sir! I am a United States Navy Officer and entitled to respect!" frame of mind. So Princess Melanie sounds like a recent Newporter to me.

Again, if this isn't all an April Fool's prank. ENS Lee's viral email was most definitely not, I can verify, a prank...much as we might wish it so. I've seen too many Stupid Ensign Tricks to automatically think this couldn't be real.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Not to pile onto the irrelevant argument, just stating knowledges, but the "lead ensign" was an rotc dude...

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Personally, I think she is an idiot. Civilian world runs on first names. My command has tones of civilians (both GS and contractor) and I call them by their first name and they call me by mine (or my callsign). I call the O-6's and flags Sir and Ma'am as required. Anybody who uses "princess" in her email needs to relax a bit.

BTW, the SWO site has three pages on this and a poll on her possible comissioning source. Academy leading with 38%, OCS at 13% and ROTC at 7%. 40% don't give the proverbal you know what.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
If she's an Ensign, I can tell you she definitely didn't graduate from the Naval Academy. Not that I'd put this past some USNA alumni... or OCS guys/gals. I find it hard to believe she'd be a ROTC kid... I feel like those guys are just more bewildered than anything after they get commissioned.

careerO-3

pilot
I heard she is from the United States Merchant Marine Academy. And that makes sense because those guys don't know anything about the military. It's not even a real school. It is an absolute fact that every graduate from that school is legally retarded.

BigRed389

None
I heard she is from the United States Merchant Marine Academy. And that makes sense because those guys don't know anything about the military. It's not even a real school. It is an absolute fact that every graduate from that school is legally retarded.

Interesting perspective, I've heard the opposite: that they offer top notch training and that it's the best way to get into the shipping industry. I've only met a few people from there (mostly SWO/Reserve SWO types, and 1 Marine aviator O-5), but they were very competent mariners.

Edit: OK, looking at your profile, I'm thinking your sarcasm was lost on me. And it would not be the dumbest thing anybody's ever said on this site.

Bevo16

pilot
I have it on pretty good authority that she is, in fact, a SWO (or was at least trying to be). And you can't get sent to Diego Garcia when you are knocked up...by the boyfriend that is trying to help you in the e-mail chain.

IRfly

None
Didn't see any hating. Hell, I'm an OCS grad myself. But I was wrong--I guess she's a SWO ROTC grad.

OscarMyers

None

My old Divo graduated from there, really great guy to work for. He just finished TPS, not sure they let legally retarded people in that program. I could be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.