• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Glocpilot and the Princess (April's Fool or what?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
This email has been making the rounds... I double checked to ensure that it didn't fall on April 1. Read from the bottom and enjoy...

Subject: FW: ENS Peterson

...and LTJG Burgdorf swoops in to protect the young ensign.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 12:47
To:<lots of people>
Subject: Melanie

You know, all of you should not pick on Melanie. She care a lot about America and was only trying to be professional, which is more than some of you haven't shown her in this email chain. I have gotten to know her over the past few months (what's up, right!) and she is great. There's not doubt in my mind that she'll go far. And there's something to be said for loyalty and our core values, some of you need to look into that. Sometimes it can be scary trying to figure where you're going in the Navy. I know, if I hadn't hurt my back I'd be out flying hopefully with the fast movers by now, although the other stuff is alright. Im just saying, let's leave her alone and cut an Ensign a break.

V/R - not that you earned it-

LTJG Andrew Burgdorf
glocpilot1989@redacted
US Naval Recruiting‎ District
Indianapolis IN 46254-2406

Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:49
To: <redacted>
Cc: <redacted>
Subject: RE: ENS PETERSON / INTERVIEW

Gene (if I can call you that),

Pardon my french, but holy sh*t. That is a first in my book. I'm not sure whether to laugh, especially because her "professional" email address is princess_melanie1985 - I mean seriously.

If it's ok with you, I'm going to truncate the process here and have her sent elsewhere. I do believe that you guys would be able to do wonders for her etiquette skills and officer demeanor, however she is clearly operating here with a chip on her shoulder very unbecoming of an undesignated, non-prior, O-1 and I think the detailer has some other options she'd like to pursue for ENS Peterson. Please apologize to the Director for us having wasted his time and encumbering his schedule.

Thanks for looking into her case for me, though. I owe you.

V/R,

<redacted>

Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 11:02
To: <redacted>
Subject: FW: ENS PETERSON / INTERVIEW

FYI J - read from the bottom.

Vrsp
Gene Beveridge
Flag Secretary
Naval Safety Center
375 A Street

Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:52 AM
To: 'melanie peterson'
Cc: <important folks>

Ensign Peterson, I am a 30 year retired CWO4 and know exactly what courtesy's you are due - however, I am a civilian now and consider myself as a people person, always have been. I like to try and make people feel comfortable. If you thought I was inappropriate, say it straight out. Don't beat around the bush.

From now on you can deal directly with the Director, he's a Navy 06. I've info'ed him on this email. In fact, I info'ed him on all my emails which you should have done in your responses. I've also info'ed my Boss, a Marine Colonel 06.

Gene Beveridge
Flag Secretary
Naval Safety Center
375 A Street
Norfolk VA 23511-4399

Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:57 AM
To: Beveridge, Gene E. CIV NAVSAFECEN, 05

Mr. Beveridge,

I attempted to be subtle in my initial response to you but apparently you didn't catch the hint; from this point foward refer to me as ENS Peterson. I've rendered you the proper professional courtesy in correspondence and will accept nothing less from you.

In regards to your previous email, dependent upon the time in the late afternoon it may work for me but please give me as narrow a day/time frame that I can expect to be called as possible. If the Director or myself are unable to meet today please let me know when the next possible day will be available. Thank you.

r/
ENS PETERSON

--- On Tue, 3/23/10, Beveridge, Gene E. CIV NAVSAFECEN, 05 wrote:

To: "melanie peterson" <princess_melanie1985@redacted>
Cc: <important folks>
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 1:16 PM

Thanks Melanie - the Director is at a Court Martial this week but may be available late in the day - would that work for you?

Vrsp
Gene Beveridge
Flag Secretary
Naval Safety Center
375 A Street
Norfolk VA 23511-4399

Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:14 PM
To: Beveridge, Gene E. CIV NAVSAFECEN, 05
Subject: ENS PETERSON / INTERVIEW

Greetings Mr. Beveridge

This message is in response to your initial email regarding establishing contact with your office to set up an interview. Any day for the remainder of this week is fine for me. I can be reached either via email (princess_melanie1985@redacted ) or by phone (813-xxx-xxxx).

r/
ENS PETERSON, USN

IRfly

None
If not an April Fool's joke....
My money is on Princess Melanie being an OCS grad--an Academy grad would know better, and an ROTC grad would be used to being on a first-name basis with people. Only an OCS grad could be wound that tight that early. For the JG, can't really make a call. He could be thinking with the wrong head (especially after having "gotten to know her over the past several months"); that would make him bellow all kinds of crazy shit. But the princess is definitely a millenial OCS grad. Any takers? Can we make this a poll?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
From now on, you shall all refer to me as Supreme Emporer of the Universe Pickle...you can use SEUP for brevity in your e-mails if you so desire...now kiss the ring...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I don't know what's better, the fact that the Ensign is getting all pissed off that she wasn't shown the respect due her position (which by the way, I noticed, she only signs her emails Respectfully, vice Very Repsectfully)
or the LTJG who comes to her rescue and states that if he didn't hurt his back, he would have been flying 'fast movers' and can vouch for her based on his expirience!!

I searched the DOD directory to see if these three named folks appeared.
There is a Melanie Peterson on USS Gonsalez (DDG 66)
The only Andrew Burgdorf shows up with a USMC.MIL email address
There is a Brent Eugene Beveridge who shows up as a Navy contractor with an email address that would match this story.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Who are these people? Are they stashes just sitting around?

And who the fuck ever mistook an ENS for someone that required customs and courtesies from a civilian. As much as some piss me off, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that A. Most are prior military, and B. they have the privilege of playing fast and loose with the chain of command most of the time...if you go apeshit on one, it's no skin off their back to go talk to the CSO, Commodore, or someone else important/Your Boss without much of a warning whenever they happen to be passing thru.

As far as OCS, I don't know, most are wound pretty tight but still scared shitless from being abused children for the past 13 weeks to go full retard on someone. I'd say academy, or maybe a Citadel/Texas A&M grad.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Gotta concur with scoolbubba, most of the folks who I've run into with chips on their shoulders as Ensigns all came from a small school in Maryland.

Angels

Contributor
She is a bitch plain and simple. Princess Melanie email, come on. On a side note..Is it wrong that my husband makes me call him sir?? :D

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Up until he starts with "sometimes it can be scary..." I thought maybe the good LTJG was mocking the ENS too, what with the care about America line. Then I read the rest. Fail if this is actually true.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not sure what is worse; her sense of entitlement or ENS Lee's email. I'm thinking her sense of entitlement is over the top. Just wait until she tries to pull this crap with the goat locker. WATCH OUT!!

-ea6bflyr ;)

Brunes

pilot
Wow- She boned that up BAD. I know a few folks who want to be called "Andrew" instead of "Andy" and they'll tell you so the first time you call them "Andy" and that's fair. I could see this being the same kinda thing- but her form was all kinda jacked up. And the fact that a 30 yr retiree was on the other end didn't help.

I'm glad to see I'm not the dumbest JO out there....

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I could see this coming from a fresh OCS grad. When I heard the first name of the girl I actually thought she was in my OCS class, but the last name didn't match. I could have seen her doing this. Great response by the civilian btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.