• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TH-73

KWpilot58

Well after many delays and we finally received out first AW119. Haven’t flown it yet but in a few weeks I’ll be starting the transition.

Also if anyone is interested in flying with my company we have opportunities at 3 different bases located in Canandaigua (KIUA), Syracuse (NK71), Rome (KRME), New York. PM me if you want to learn more

B1D8A924-EBE1-4196-B08A-103F2CD3C98D.jpeg91E80190-10E5-41A9-93DB-F12638F2A0F9.jpegE23AA12E-B4D9-462A-B975-1AA8AA96B592.jpegDAEC0FE2-CAA8-4B76-BEE2-C3E2865353B3.jpeg

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

KWpilot58

Single Pilot IFR program?
We will be, as we grow into this aircraft. The only issue I see, is that the aircraft is a two axis autopilot with yaw dampening. So doing approaches with a step down fix could be an issue if you’re not on top of your game

KWpilot58

What is that box to the left of the FD panel and above the ACP?
Chuck is correct! it’s the technisonic 9100 TDFM P25, It allows us to talk the fire department and police. it’s basically like an FM radio which you can add a crypto key to allow you be on their frequency. We also have another radio behind the collective which has three functions 1. SATCOM. 2. Ability to make phone calls to land lines 3. Flight tracking like the blue force tracker.

Last edited:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
DAEC0FE2-CAA8-4B76-BEE2-C3E2865353B3.jpeg

Is there an airway seat that we're not seeing (presumably to the left of the photo)?
We will be, as we grow into this aircraft. The only issue I see, is that the aircraft is a two axis autopilot with yaw dampening. So doing approaches with a step down fix could be an issue if you’re not on top of your game

That's what the -135 P2+s have. It's a non-issue. You just manage everything with collective and IAS Hold or collective and Altitude Acquire, keeping your eyes on the ball regularly. I can't remember if the -119 has a FLI or not, but you'll figure out a rough power datum to work from during the approach, be it either a FLI number or a Tq setting. For example in the -135, I know FLI 5.75 gives me about 90 knots level, and FLI 5 gives me about 90 knots in a descent (during 3K' DA or less...-ish)

KWpilot58

Is there an airway seat that we're not seeing (presumably to the left of the photo)?

That's what the -135 P2+s have. It's a non-issue. You just manage everything with collective and IAS Hold or collective and Altitude Acquire, keeping your eyes on the ball regularly. I can't remember if the -119 has a FLI or not, but you'll figure out a rough power datum to work from during the approach, be it either a FLI number or a Tq setting. For example in the -135, I know FLI 5.75 gives me about 90 knots level, and FLI 5 gives me about 90 knots in a descent (during 3K' DA or less...-ish)

Attachments

• 87FCC22B-6B77-4FAD-8E8C-5C3454230907.jpeg
    87FCC22B-6B77-4FAD-8E8C-5C3454230907.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 6856006F-045F-424C-9B72-EB0404E4B73C.jpeg
    6856006F-045F-424C-9B72-EB0404E4B73C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

KWpilot58

I do believe it has a FLI. I’ll find out in a few weeks. Flying IFR is much easier than VFR. But SPIFR can be challenging at times. Situational awareness is key. A four axis autopilot would have been much better considering it will take you all the way down to LPV minimums by just pushing a button. Pretty much my company copied the Navy’s TH-73. And I think the Navy’s goal for the IFR platform is to have a dual pilot cockpit. Using CRM, challenge and response. Our CEO was a former Navy Captain Sea Hawk driver. So I think he was fond of what the Navy is doing.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I do believe it has a FLI. I’ll find out in a few weeks. Flying IFR is much easier than VFR. But SPIFR can be challenging at times. Situational awareness is key. A four axis autopilot would have been much better considering it will take you all the way down to LPV minimums by just pushing a button. Pretty much my company copied the Navy’s TH-73. And I think the Navy’s goal for the IFR platform is to have a dual pilot cockpit. Using CRM, challenge and response. Our CEO was a former Navy Captain Sea Hawk driver. So I think he was fond of what the Navy is doing.
Whats a standard fuel flow for planning? 50 GPH?