• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Test - Aircraft models pics

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Test score: 4.o
BzB
4.0?

4.0 out of 10.0?

If so, that's a big fat "F".

I already have lots of big fat "F's" from other adventures...in fact, the wife unit is giving me a big fat "F" right now for not doing the chores since I've been dorking around with a die cast SH-60B Seahawk model that I just found (and forgot I had).

;)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
4.0?

4.0 out of 10.0?
No Sir, that's a 'College 4.0 = A+ (except at Hahvahd which requires 5.0).;)
I already have lots of big fat "F's" from other adventures...in fact, the wife unit is giving me a big fat "F" right now for not doing the chores since I've been dorking around with a die cast SH-60B Seahawk model that I just found (and forgot I had).
;)
I don't blame her, she would probably be pleased and confer an A+, if you dorked around with something like this:
Model-11.jpg
Instead of a model of an aircraft so ugly, that it only flies because it's repelled by the earth...!:eek:
BzB

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
No Sir, that's a 'College 4.0 = A+ (except at Hahvahd which requires 5.0).;)

I don't blame her, she would probably be pleased and confer an A+, if you dorked around with something like this:
View attachment 13748
Instead of a model of an aircraft so ugly, that it only flies because it's repelled by the earth...!:eek:
BzB
Well, then I thank you for the 4.0!

But your words regarding 'rotor ugly' make me bawl like a wee lad who is yanked from the Hot Wheels isle at Walmart by mom (or dad).

;)

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
That's HOT.

Is that a 'PI Special'?

My 'PI Special' of the SH-60-B Seahawk disintegrated several years ago. Apparently the wood dried out over a period of time and it basically fell apart on its stand. Luckily my 'PI Specials' of the T-34C and the TH-57B/C faired much better and have not disintegrated (yet). The SH-60B Seahawk in the previous posts is a 1/60 scale pre-built die cast that I purchased ($25) at Sporty's Pilot Shop a few years ago to replace my disintegrated SH-60B Seahawk 'PI Special'.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is that model a "Sky Pilot?" I have one still in a box that someone gave me a few years ago. I was debating putting it in my office at work once I manage to hang a couple other pics up.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Is that model a "Sky Pilot?" I have one still in a box that someone gave me a few years ago. I was debating putting it in my office at work once I manage to hang a couple other pics up.
Not "Sky Pilot" but "InAir" by WowToyz.

The box is pictured below.

I purchased it 2 years ago at Sporty's Pilot Shop for $25.

The cool thing...no assembly and/or painting required...pretty hard to screw the pooch here. Toughest part was getting it out of the box and undoing all the ties. The main rotor blades come semi-folded to fit in the box...not folded like the real deal where each blade folds but more like a scissors.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
...not folded like the real deal where each blade folds...
Speaking of which...did they ever get the auto blade fold to ever work consistently on the real deal? I remember using the NATOPS pocket check list to try to do the auto blade fold a few times but it didn't go so hot...so the mechs would come out and use a yellow cheater box to fold the main blades. Also, are those lock pin puller motors still coated with that crazy stuff (Beryllium?) that supposedly if you touched the coating with bare skin you could die in like 2 days or something? I dunno...that was back in the late 80's/early 90's regarding the B model.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's HOT.

Is that a 'PI Special'?
I guess that it is 'sort of '. I contracted for it from a U.S. Company, but was (very well packed), and shipped from the P.I. It took several months of sending good photos, and making corrections by e-mail, to get all the paint details/colors, external stores just perfect. Not sure of the scale but it's big, near 2 ft. nose to tailpipe (see photo), and heavy. Made of solid mahogany, it ran about $300US about 3 years ago, and was worth every penny. I usually break it out as a table deco on military occasions, Squadronmates visits, Vet's Day, etc.:)

*Vet's Day '12 @ SanDogg Olive Garden (BzB left, & BzB Jr. fight)
Veterans Day-BusyBee, John & Patrick.JPG

I bought it from "Aim Higher Jets" Company, Google it, to look at their catalog of most military aircraft, and commercial airliners, from the cheaper die-cast, to the beautiful custom mahogany models.' Their artists are fantastic. They even painted my name on the blue strips under the canopy on both sides, just like my Squadron bird. It's too small to read in the photo.;)

The model is in the same external ordnance/tank configuration, same trim, modex, and BUNO of Busy Bee 604; when she was blown from the sky over Vinh. NVN, on 06/25/66, forcing me to return home in one of your rotating-wing 'doo-hickeys'!:eek:

**VA-146 mini-reunion - Oct. 2012 - BzB on right, next to me Ret. RADM Bill Harris, our '65 Squadron CO , & 2 other Squdronmates (both ret. 747 Captains)
Blue Diamonds @ Olive Garden 2.JPG
BzB

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Speaking of which...did they ever get the auto blade fold to ever work consistently on the real deal? I remember using the NATOPS pocket check list to try to do the auto blade fold a few times but it didn't go so hot...so the mechs would come out and use a yellow cheater box to fold the main blades. Also, are those lock pin puller motors still coated with that crazy stuff (Beryllium?) that supposedly if you touched the coating with bare skin you could die in like 2 days or something? I dunno...that was back in the late 80's/early 90's regarding the B model.
I was an AT on Sierras. Blade fold worked all the time unless you really needed it to (dual helo ops on a single spot deck, etc.). Cheater box was still the go to guy in emergencies. The key was adjusting the limit switches properly (about 6 on each blade) for the damn thing to work. Only thing we had trouble with was the TR de-ice harness. Eventually out whole wing just pulled the damn things off and avoided icing conditions.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

My last deployment (2010) was with some of the oldest -60Bs around (Block .75s with ~10K on them) and the secret to success was a) exercising the system regularly and b) having access to spare parts. It would take a couple of weeks, but on the boat, and once the system got ironed out, it was relatively successful. A cheater box was still needed from time to time, but the biggest problem would be when something would break (like a limit switch that wlawr mentioned).

I've folded a -60R exactly zero times, but I'm guessing it's like a Sierra. A relatively new bunch of parts that generally works except when it doesn't. I will say that that the ECS is pretty spectacular, but I'm sure we'll figure out a way to lose various pieces of sound-proofing and make it useless soon enough.

Not "Sky Pilot" but "InAir" by WowToyz.

The box is pictured below.

I'm thinking this is the same model, just a different manufacturer. Same square wafer and same "bi-fold" rotor system. Someone gave me mine in ~2007, but it's got the same weirdo proto-ASE hump on the nose.

brownshoe

Contributor
I guess that it is 'sort of '. I contracted for it from a U.S. Company, but was (very well packed), and shipped from the P.I. It took several months of sending good photos, and making corrections by e-mail, to get all the paint details/colors, external stores just perfect. Not sure of the scale but it's big, near 2 ft. nose to tailpipe (see photo), and heavy. Made of solid mahogany, it ran about $300US about 3 years ago, and was worth every penny. I usually break it out as a table deco on military occasions, Squadronmates visits, Vet's Day, etc.:)

*Vet's Day '12 @ SanDogg Olive Garden (BzB left, & BzB Jr. fight)
View attachment 13750

I bought it from "Aim Higher Jets" Company, Google it, to look at their catalog of most military aircraft, and commercial airliners, from the cheaper die-cast, to the beautiful custom mahogany models.' Their artists are fantastic. They even painted my name on the blue strips under the canopy on both sides, just like my Squadron bird. It's too small to read in the photo.;)

The model is in the same external ordnance/tank configuration, same trim, modex, and BUNO of Busy Bee 604; when she was blown from the sky over Vinh. NVN, on 06/25/66, forcing me to return home in one of your rotating-wing 'doo-hickeys'!:eek:

**VA-146 mini-reunion - Oct. 2012 - BzB on right, next to me Ret. RADM Bill Harris, our '65 Squadron CO , & 2 other Squdronmates (both ret. 747 Captains)
View attachment 13751
BzB

That's certainly a motley lookin' crew. F'ing Navy when the Navy was still the Navy. Glad I served around you criminals.:D