• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Test - Aircraft models pics

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
feyea6bk.jpg

Calling out all fellow EA-6B Prowler Bubbas, this one goes out for you :)

Jublov

I did not, I had a similar one though, looks the same. Mine got lost, status unknown.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Stumbled across these pics from several years ago...

Can't wait 'til Christmas to get these bad boys out again...two die cast Lionel USN UH-1 Huey gunships with matching USN flat cars...oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Is Lionel an O gauge, HO or N? Its been a long time.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Is Lionel an O gauge, HO or N? Its been a long time.
What Brett327 stated appears to be true...almost exclusively O gauge. There's also a variant of O gauge called O27 which has a tighter turning radius than O. Also, if I remember correctly, Lionel dabbled a wee bit with HO gauge in the past...and I just saw yesterday at Toys-R-Us and Target that Lionel manufactures/sells battery powered G gauge sets.

Pags

N/A
pilot
When my little brother and I got our first train for Christmas in 76', my dad quickly took over and proceeded to build it into a basement consuming layout. It's a hobby for kids at heart with a bank account and a ability to keep their wives at bay. I have successfully talked myself out of it during many flirtations with it..........it just looks so fun.
My dad and I built a fairly expansive HO layout when I was a kid. My uncle has still runs a real nice HO layout in his basement that's just amazing. He even has a shay locomotive with working Pistons for the logging spur. I'd like to build a layout (thinking N scale to keep the layout size minimal) with my boy once he's a bit older. But he's getting a Lego train for Xmas this year which I'm pretty excited to "help" with.

Jublov

I don't know why but I find it funny there is army helicopters and you're just like "screw them let's put on my SH-60 on there, that'll teach them."

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I don't know why but I find it funny there is army helicopters and you're just like "screw them let's put on my SH-60 on there, that'll teach them."
They are actually USN UH-1's made by Ertl for Lionel...but it was definitely fun shoe horning the -60B model from Sporty's on to the USN flat car. :D

Jublov

I didn't know the navy had green helicopters, figured it was all grey and dark blue. Interesting!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mad Dog, what kind of model is your SH-60? Looks like a toy instead of a model you made.