• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Technical Degree

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Dork humor is alright sometimes. www.Bash.org has some funny MIRC logs.

I don't remember what the M stands for, maybe multi-user, but the rest is Internet Relay Chat, for those who are curious.

thull

From a Wikipedia post:

Slap! function

A famous feature associated with mIRC (even though it predates the client by some time) is the ability to "slap" another user by right-clicking the target's nickname. This results in the line of text "Alice slaps Bob around a bit with a large trout". It serves no other function than to send the message, which is merely an execution of the "/action" ("/me") command in IRC.
The sentence "Alice slaps Bob around a bit with a large trout" is thought to be a reference to Monty Python's sketch The Fish-Slapping Dance.
This function can be removed by editing mIRC's built-in script.

I had it set in my client to work with /slap

Right. I should've known. Common knowledge.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I used that phrase "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't." and nearly got an F on an English paper once. Fockin' Bitch.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I used that phrase "There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't." and nearly got an F on an English paper once. Fockin' Bitch.

That's awesome. I had not heard that one before. :D

Brett

Rasczak

Marine
No. I am not joboy. I have no intention of stepping on anyones toes, but I believe I do have a right to defend myself.
My "/slap" comment was meant as a joke, if it was taking any other way I apologize. Posting on these types of boards makes it hard to understands ones intentions.

I'll just go back to the way I was before and be a reader, not a contributor. The world seemed much more docile that way.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Rocky Balboa: Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
:)

thull

I'll just go back to the way I was before and be a reader, not a contributor. The world seemed much more docile that way.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy..once you post, you will post again. and again. There is no "going back". So Rasczak, welcome to the boards and follow in my pattern: post much, contribute little, and walk the line between high confidence and sheer stupidity, and often cross right over it. Hey, I'm still here aren't I?