• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Technical Degree

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well that would be the point of it. I don't expect to be in the Navy my whole life. I eventually want to teach.

Those who can, do. Those who can't... :D Both of my parents are retired PhD college profs and I used to tease them with that all the time. That plus the fact that I made twice their income with a 10th grade education in in the Navy. :D I recommend you set your sights a bit higher - just an opinion.

Brett

Rasczak

Marine
I've got my sights set high. I won't stop at just becoming a naval aviator. There are these fella's called NASA that I eventually hope to fly for...and do some research while I'm at it. I decided that by the time I'm 60 I will have proven atleast one of the several major theories of astrophysics wrong and will have discovered something true about the universe. Before I do that I gotta leave this planet, even for a bit.

But as they say, one step at a time.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe you could start with that pesky speed of light limitation. I'm sure sci-fi nerds everywhere will worship you for that. ;)

Brett

Rasczak

Marine
Maybe you could start with that pesky speed of light limitation. I'm sure sci-fi nerds everywhere will worship you for that. ;)

Brett

In order to do that, I have to disprove einstein...which is on my agenda.

Top Gun? God no... Other sci-fi geeks is where it's at.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I just talked to my advisor today. He highly suggested that I double major. I sequenced my classes wrong and I am going to run out of classes to take while I work on my primary degree(physics). So to fill those empty spots for classes, I need to pick up another major. I'll still finish in 3 years if I can pick up calculus this summer. Time to start calling my recruiter again.

If you're wanting to disprove Einstein, you're gonna have to go into experimental, probably. Some sort of Engineering double major would be good for that.

If you want to go into theoretical physics, just double major in math. In the course of my physics degree I've taken Vector Calc, Complex Variables, and Partial Differential Equations. The only classes I'd need to finish a math major are stupid 2000 - 3000 level classes like "Linear Algebra," but it would take longer so I'm just getting my physics degree and getting out. But, if you have the time and the inclination, go for the math degree.

Rasczak

Marine
From a Wikipedia post:

Slap! function

A famous feature associated with mIRC (even though it predates the client by some time) is the ability to "slap" another user by right-clicking the target's nickname. This results in the line of text "Alice slaps Bob around a bit with a large trout". It serves no other function than to send the message, which is merely an execution of the "/action" ("/me") command in IRC.
The sentence "Alice slaps Bob around a bit with a large trout" is thought to be a reference to Monty Python's sketch The Fish-Slapping Dance.
This function can be removed by editing mIRC's built-in script.

I had it set in my client to work with /slap

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From a Wikipedia post:

Slap! function

A famous feature associated with mIRC (even though it predates the client by some time) is the ability to "slap" another user by right-clicking the target's nickname. This results in the line of text "Alice slaps Bob around a bit with a large trout". It serves no other function than to send the message, which is merely an execution of the "/action" ("/me") command in IRC.
The sentence "Alice slaps Bob around a bit with a large trout" is thought to be a reference to Monty Python's sketch The Fish-Slapping Dance.
This function can be removed by editing mIRC's built-in script.

I had it set in my client to work with /slap

Dork.

Brett