• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS versus OCS: Similarities and Differences

LEG DAY

This might sound a little ridiculous but i'm a competitive bodybuilder. I'll be heading to TBS in a few months and was wondering how much gym time you had to yourself as opposed to OCS where of course you have no time to yourself? And also if it was possible to have a small fridge in your room to keep food?

Trev82

pilot
Whenever we weren't in the field i got to workout as much as i wanted to, its not hard when the gym is 200yards from obannon. Competitive body builder so lots of supplements? If so, make sure you keep em out of sight during inspections they're technically not allowed. Check that, whey protein is allowed but anything else is pretty much a no go but that didnt really stop a lot of people.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
What he said. The gym is right there. Most people are just too beat to go to the gym. As a bodybuilder you might just have more resolve to get over there.

There is already a fridge in each room. You can bring a microwave and coffeee pot if you want.

Reconjoe

Heres another one.....

Since it's (hopefully still) P-Cola for me after TBS, I'm planning on bringing stuff to put in storage for the 6 months, is there on base storage or any nice storage in the area? And more importantly, I was hoping I could bring my AR-15 to store....should I leave that in on/off base storage or does an on-base armory store these on request?

LEG DAY

Whenever we weren't in the field i got to workout as much as i wanted to, its not hard when the gym is 200yards from obannon. Competitive body builder so lots of supplements? If so, make sure you keep em out of sight during inspections they're technically not allowed. Check that, whey protein is allowed but anything else is pretty much a no go but that didnt really stop a lot of people.

That sux, but I think I can manage to get it done on whey. For six months at least...

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
That sux, but I think I can manage to get it done on whey. For six months at least...

Don't forget that space is VERY limited, so don't take over the room with all that supplement crap. I know people that got pretty annoyed with one of their roommates because of all the bottles and jugs of stuff he brought with him. I would suggest bringing only what you need and acquiring more after you've lived there for a few weeks after gear issue. The last thing you want to do is piss off your 5 roommates on the first day.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Heres another one.....

Since it's (hopefully still) P-Cola for me after TBS, I'm planning on bringing stuff to put in storage for the 6 months, is there on base storage or any nice storage in the area? And more importantly, I was hoping I could bring my AR-15 to store....should I leave that in on/off base storage or does an on-base armory store these on request?

I've asked this question before and the overwhelming response was keep it in storage or at a friend's off base house, not at the armory. Not only can someone mess with your gear, but you have to get the CO of TBS to sign off whenever you want to check it out.

LEG DAY

Don't forget that space is VERY limited, so don't take over the room with all that supplement crap. I know people that got pretty annoyed with one of their roommates because of all the bottles and jugs of stuff he brought with him. I would suggest bringing only what you need and acquiring more after you've lived there for a few weeks after gear issue. The last thing you want to do is piss off your 5 roommates on the first day.

Roger.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
The motivation to work out after a day at TBS is pretty low for the majority of people I would say. They don't call it the body softener for nothing.

I have also heard that Golf Company lives in the new barracks. It was kind of cool to see those guys walking up from LZ-7 to check-in while we were all sitting around waiting to get trucked out for FEX3. Less cool when we came back from FEX3 and out cleaning locker was completely cleaned out...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The motivation to work out after a day at TBS is pretty low for the majority of people I would say. They don't call it the body softener for nothing.

I have also heard that Golf Company lives in the new barracks. It was kind of cool to see those guys walking up from LZ-7 to check-in while we were all sitting around waiting to get trucked out for FEX3. Less cool when we came back from FEX3 and out cleaning locker was completely cleaned out...

Yeah, bold move for the jr Company on deck to steal our cleaning supplies. That was definitely not cool.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
And the circle of life continues. Go over to their gear locker and get your shit back. If they dont know to go to the barracks manager to get their shit, that's their problem. Or you could go to the barracks manager and get brand newish stuff.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
For the bodybuilders out there, protein bars will probably be your best bet for the 2nd, 4th, and 6th meals of the day. Maybe you can make a protein shake and bring it in a thermos or coffee mug. But don't expect to break out your 6oz chicken fillet and half a sweet potato in the middle of a class.

LEG DAY

^^^Yea i've been thinking about that. I found these little plastic cylinders with a cap on em and i think I can squeeze about 60's of protein in their with like 3 drops of water LOL. I'll give that a shot first, I may have to pull back on my protein intake...suuuuuck

GS-W

AH-1 W
For the bodybuilders out there, protein bars will probably be your best bet for the 2nd, 4th, and 6th meals of the day. Maybe you can make a protein shake and bring it in a thermos or coffee mug. But don't expect to break out your 6oz chicken fillet and half a sweet potato in the middle of a class.

hahaha