• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Gym

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Ok so I thought up a couple more questions for you TBS vets out there.

1. Vehicle TAGS - Can I keep my MCB Camp Pendleton tags, or will I have to go down to the JRC to get Quantico ones?

2. Are the work stations in the living quarters large enough to fit a desktop w/a flat panel monitor?

3. What are some good places for libo (hanging with the guys etc.)?

Hope everyone had a good christmas, now its time to start working off the holiday poundage and prep for that next PFT! :D

Jay

For some reason or another, TBS was very anal about everyone having a Quantico sticker, and actually went so far as to making everyone right down their # on a master list, mostly so parking infractions could be easily dealt with. Yes, you can fit a normal monitor and computer as well as tons of other SHIAT in your room. We frequented every bar in DC, but towards the end decided we liked the Clarendon Bar & Grill. We went to country bars, dance clubs, strip clubs during the week, you name it, we did it, but the one place I never went was the Smithsonian, and that pisses me off. Richmond is also a VERY good time, just a little jaunt.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Thanks for the gouge. One other question.. Libo Attire. Rumor has it that you must wear essentially the same thing that you could at OCS, except that now jeans are considered "acceptable". Does this mean that I'll still have to tuck in my shirt etc. Are khaki cargo pants accepted? To what extent are the rules followed off base?

Junior

pilot
Thanks for the gouge. One other question.. Libo Attire. Rumor has it that you must wear essentially the same thing that you could at OCS, except that now jeans are considered "acceptable". Does this mean that I'll still have to tuck in my shirt etc. Are khaki cargo pants accepted? To what extent are the rules followed off base?
While I was there the name of the game was to not look like a bag of a55. Jeans were authorized and the shirt didn't have to be collared, it just couldn't be an undershirt. Sandals couldn't be considered shower shoes. If you want to go to the DC bars with Khakis and a tucked in collared shirt (aka: The "I am a new 2nd Lt at TBS" look) have at it. Realisticly though, you're probably not going to get hammered for being at a bar in DC in unreg libo attire. Hanging out in Q-town or Garrisonville in ripped jeans and shower shoes is not advised and pretty dumb.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
It was kind of strange seeing LT's in Q-town rocking jeans and a t-shirt all the time; then hearing at our Mike Co TBS brief that the attire was to be "identical to OCS".

The LT's I'm on PTAD with (one still at TBS, the other just graduated), say the same thing that's being said here - look classy and presentable, but you're not required to look like a dork.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Watch the SPC's come in 30 mins before ODT, and note their attire. Bonus points to you if you wear a similar 80's polo shirt and braided belt.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
It is in Arlington, VA in the Claredon District, off of Washington blvd. A very good place to have a good time, also try Witlows on Wilson or Mister days in Arlington as well.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Where is the Clarendon Bar and Grill?

It is in Arlington, VA in the Claredon District, off of Washington blvd. A very good place to have a good time, also try Witlows on Wilson or Mister days in Arlington as well.
Sorry for the double post I forgot to quote.