• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Gym

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I've heard that throughout the first few months of TBS you run the TBS-version of the Endurance course. How often do you run this? I've heard its significantly harder than the E-Course in OCS... what are the differences?

I'd like to continue my gym workouts at TBS, is there a base Gym or any good gyms close to Quantico?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
A Marine Corps base without a Gym??? Isn't that one of the signs of the apocolypse?

Actually, they just built a new gym mainside (Near PMO if I remember correctly). They used to have a gym in the old rusted out hanger buildings by OCS but I'm not sure if that is even there anymore.

wrk

There's a gym at TBS in the building with the pool, unless things have changed since I've been there. The E course at TBS is much harder than the one at TBS. I can't even really remember what the one at OCS was like, but at TBS you run it with some gear and a small pack, and you run the O course at the beginning of it.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I've heard that throughout the first few months of TBS you run the TBS-version of the Endurance course. How often do you run this? I've heard its significantly harder than the E-Course in OCS... what are the differences?

Starts out with a run through the O-course...then off to the run portion...the terrain is much steeper at points than OCS and there are more obstacles throughout, as well as about 3-4 rope climbs up a small cliff...

Its hard but not undoable...be smart about it...

invertedflyer

Thanks for the info gents, appreciate it. I understand that after the first month or so that its PT on your own, correct?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Thanks for the info gents, appreciate it. I understand that after the first month or so that its PT on your own, correct?

For that most part that is correct, however obviously everything is subject to the staff...some prefer to do unit PT...

wrk

We did unit PT the whole time I was there, it was not fun. I've heard of other companies having PT totally on your own, and some having a mix. Like someone said, it all depends on your staff. In fact, pretty much everything depends on your staff. I hated my SPC and my time at TBS was miserable, I had some friends in other platoons who liked the SPC and they enjoyed TBS much more than I did.

invertedflyer

I'll probably be headed out with Mike Company, requesting Echo or Fox, but doubt I'll pick up. Did any of you gents go through Mike Co? If so what were training conditions like and how did it affect PT?-

wrk

Everyone goes through mike company, but most only for two weeks at the beginning. I was in Mike company to do IFS after I finished TBS. It can suck, but you'll have plenty of time to PT in Mike company, you may not have much else to do.

Crowbar

None
Mike Co is the holding company for IFS/waiting to pick up/med hold/legal hold/etc. It's not a training company. There's always a Mike Co, it doesn't come and go like the others.

wrk

Yeah, I had a friend in alpha of 04/05 that had this giant snowstorm during rifle/pistol qual, and they made them all come in on a monday of a 3 day weekend to make it up. That may not be the exact story, but there's probably people on here from that Alpha company who will correct me. But TBS is going to suck no matter which company you're in.

BrianUSMC

A closed mouth gathers no feet.
pilot
Yeah, I had a friend in alpha of 04/05 that had this giant snowstorm during rifle/pistol qual, and they made them all come in on a monday of a 3 day weekend to make it up. That may not be the exact story, but there's probably people on here from that Alpha company who will correct me. But TBS is going to suck no matter which company you're in.

Haha... yeah i remember that... it's true. I was in Fox Co at the time and my buddies in Alpha were set to qual that friday i believe; then they couldn't b/c of the snow/wind and had to come in on the holiday of that 3 day weekend to qual... Good times.

Also, in regards to the gym question: there is a shady gym right across from TBS (read: walk to), and then there is one on mainside (the new one)... it is one of the much nicer base gyms I've seen.

Brian