• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhooks

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Um, then maybe it's good we let them go and not let them be pilots. I mean, if they're not going to read the material and learn what they need to for each evolution, then they probably shouldn't be in the air.

Good logic. The rules about drugs, alcohol, sleep, etc also weren't created for those that didn't need them.

Lines must be drawn. The CAIs are there to assist me in instructing the LEAST COMMON DENOMINATOR. Also, some talking-head-now-rich-guy probably convinced someone, somewhere that we needed to pay for this system...and thus, they did.

The sooner you understand that there are battles you can't always fight, the better you'll be. :icon_smil

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Well.. being sent off to AF land.. and getting to deal with this bs system I'll pretty much vouch for the usefulness of tims. Part of it is content which was left out, part of it is just the overall boring aspects of the CAI's, but the kicker in our case where we dont graduate our gradebook does, theres so many little things to logging a 1.3 flight that if your instructor misses and you dont catch you spend hours playing catch up 3 days later. Sure its paperless, but its more work for everyone, and really its is a glorified excel program, nothing a little visual basic and powerpoint couldnt have done. I personal enjoy how the main page of tims is shelled off of outlook.

That being the case, if the tims test are anything like they are here, watch out. All gouge will be down the crapper, some IT geek at Flight Safety that has no idea about what a wing does writes these questions. And they arent like API questions where 2 answers are obviously wrong or even 1 is. if the question is what is 2+2, your options will be 3.99, 3.999, 3.9999, 4.1,... yes its that bad

All that being said.. this isnt the hill I want to die on today... (sucking it up and dealing)

cisforsmasher

pilot
my favorite part of doing CAIs with TIMS is the "updating database" window that flashes up when you complete a lesson. I want to be that fist smashing the hell out of the keyboard. At least some one had a sense of humor about how frustrating they are. I will say that the CAIs down here are much better than the ones in primary. Having to click which instruments to keep in your scan while flying (in the proper order as judged by the person who created it) was absolutely ridiculous. Here, they at least reinforce what you just learned in the class.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'll admit, they aren't completely bad. The EPs and contact ones at least get you thinking in the right mindset and give you a good preview of what's coming up. The METRO one was just painful.

corvairdroptop

haha, forum vocab gets the best of us.

to troll = to mindlessly post contreversial nonsense in hopes of insighting a riot

to lurk = to benignly read posts while in "guest" mode never posting a word

Don't forget trawling

trawling.fore.gif