• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhooks

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
TIMS is good when it works, unlike the other day when it was down and we had to coordinate everything the old fashioned way. My favorite things (not really favorite at all) are the CAIs.

tiger84

LT
pilot
TIMS is good when it works, unlike the other day when it was down and we had to coordinate everything the old fashioned way. My favorite things (not really favorite at all) are the CAIs.

CAIs are horrible. I really tried to spend the time and learn something as I went through them, but that lasted all of about five minutes.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Ahhh...silly primary students.

The CAIs are painful, but they're there to say that you had no excuse not to know the stuff that they expect you to know...making it a necessary "CYA" the Navy had to include...besides, if it weren't for the CAIs, you'd really not know ANYTHING going into the classes. Now, you at least have to know 80% of the progress checks to continue...which is the important stuff to know. As an advanced Course Rules instructor, you knowing the minimum is key.

But you'll find that out when you get to Whiting (if you get there) because these have got to be the most difficult course rules in the entire world. My presentation alone is 160 slides with about 1/3 of the RWOP covered.

~D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
CAIs are horrible. I really tried to spend the time and learn something as I went through them, but that lasted all of about five minutes.

Yeah, don't blame TIMS for CAIs. They're evil existed long before TIMS.

TIMS is good when it works, unlike the other day when it was down and we had to coordinate everything the old fashioned way.

Or you (I know, you couldn't) could just log into NMCI and get to TIMS fine, which is what I had to do. The real issue is when you can't print the schedule. I have places to be, people!!! Why won't you print!?!

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Well that's the thing, I was opening up shop around 0430 and one of the maintenance personnel comes over to me asking for the squadron flight schedule since TIMS was down and they couldn't assign tail numbers.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot

Get used to it. At least in helos (probably get used to those too;)) there a bastardly creation that never go away.

don't worry, however. the graphics and layout maintain their high quality look and feel as you progress through training.:sleep_125 it makes me feel as though there was a mixup at the company that company that makes the slides, and somewhere there are 3rd graders looking at highly technical/ professional looking courseware teaching them their primary colors.

KBayDog

^They exist on the Green side, as well.

The Phrog ones are actually pretty good - I still review the CDs from time to time to keep my systems knowledges fresh.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well that's the thing, I was opening up shop around 0430 and one of the maintenance personnel comes over to me asking for the squadron flight schedule since TIMS was down and they couldn't assign tail numbers.

Not sure how it's done there in crazy town, but it apparently wasn't a big issue here since they issue on the computer now (w/ a paper back up).

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Honestly, I don't know how they do it either. I think they get the flight schedule from TIMS and assign the tail numbers accordingly throughout the day including QTs and whatnot. What do I know though, I'm just a stud.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^They exist on the Green side, as well.

The Phrog ones are actually pretty good - I still review the CDs from time to time to keep my systems knowledges fresh.

I think they are pretty standard these days. A lot of the helo ones both green and blue are crafted by DP Associates (L3). They cost a fortune to develop, and a lot of money to maintain.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Now, you at least have to know 80% of the progress checks to continue...

Which is easy to get through when you just click through the lessons and then do the progress checks. Hell, I forgot to do a few lessons once before a class and finished three aero lessons in 5 minutes. Click fast enough and you'll see the same questions enough to pass the progress check without even reading the lesson slides.

I'd much rather just read NATOPRs than do the damn CAI's. At least I can read through NATOPS on the shitter at home, I have to actually get dressed and go to the base for the CAI's. :D

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I'd much rather just read NATOPRs than do the damn CAI's.

That's my point. Those CAIs aren't for you. They're for the rest of the $hitheads that wouldn't do CRAP if it weren't required...to which they'd proceed to fall asleep in my 2hr class because they haven't an F'n clue what I was talking about.

At least the CAIs get the "key points" drilled into your head. Well, 80% of the key points through repetative remediation.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Um, then maybe it's good we let them go and not let them be pilots. I mean, if they're not going to read the material and learn what they need to for each evolution, then they probably shouldn't be in the air.